“Our favorite Alaskan Excursion!”

Alaska Sea Cycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy exploring the Southeast Alaskan coastline on a sea cycle. Seacycling is the cadillac of kayaking. Leisurely pedal 5-7 mph and have your hands free for picture taking and binocular use. Our guided tour takes you up close to the abundant wildlife. Discover one of the most historic coves in SE Alaska. Learn about all of the industries that created Alaska and the unique ways Alaskans still utilize the land and the ocean to subsist. Top off your tour with hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, salmon dip, cheese and crackers, and fruit.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was by far our favorite excursion that we did on our trip to Alaska. The whole experience was great from the ease of booking, being picked up right from the cruise ship dock, & then finally taking the tour. Ron and Vickie were so welcoming & did a fabulous job as tour guides. We saw an abundant amount of sea life & many bald eagles too. They did a great job narrating the se& history of the area. The sea cycles where easy to pedal & maneuver. This excursion is a great way to get close and personal with the beautiful Alaskan scenery. We traveled with our family & children ranging from 4 to 17. They all loved it! We will definitely do the Sea Cycles again when we find our way back to Ketchikan again. Thanks Ron & Vickie & your beautiful family for making our trip a memorable one!

All reviews
"visiting ketchikan"
"sea urchins"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We agree with everything that has been written. Great fun for all ages (we are 58 & 65) and did not find it at all strenuous. We were collected from our cruise ship by Vicki & Taylor and taken out to their dock. We were then kitted out in waterproof jackets & trousers as the weather was a bit drizzly, but that did not detract from the pleasure at all. If we had any apprehensions on the professionalism of the company up to that point (not that we had) - they would have soon been dispelled. We were amazed at the number of sets of waterproof clothing and the quality. During our time on the water Vicki & Amber told us about the wild-life, the environment and also informative stories about the First Nations People. Great experience. Wonderful, friendly people. Hope we get the chance to do this again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had the time of our lives! So peaceful and fun! you are just inches from the water and we saw Salmon, Seals, Ducks and even a bear.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

What a great time way to spend an afternoon in Ketchikan! It was fun yet relaxing at the same time. The scenery around you is simply amazing. Not only are you able to enjoying being on the water, but you get to see ships that are in the cove also seals and beautiful bald eagles. I definitely recommend this activity!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The crisp clean air was invigorating and we saw beautiful landscapes and the unbelievable joy of seeing little eyes peaking out over the sea water at us as we cycled past some seals. As we passed an eagles nest, I looked up and saw a bald eagle as it flew out of the trees towards us then into the sky. It was the closest I have ever been to a bald eagle.

I was a little apprehensive at first to pedal a cycle of any kind at my age. I am 66 yrs. old and was relieved to find out I was not only senior there. We were warm and dry thanks to the water proof gear provided. Setting above the water, we went at our own speed and enjoyed a relaxing pace as we were shown a little piece of the real spirit of Alaska. Being on the water, I could see and taste and feel the whole experience better than I anticipated. We learned a little history of the area, saw jelly fish, star fish, pulled up sea weed and a crab pot, and other funny looking things I didn't recognize out of the water.

I was surprised when we returned to dock that I felt more energy than I can remember in a long time. I definitely want to come again. Everyone was so friendly and reassuring we later relaxed around a light lunch with hot coca and treats visiting and learning more about the amazing people in our group. My thanks to Ron, Vicki, Amber and their staff.