“Thoroughly recommend”

$155.00*
and up
Ketchikan Shore Excursion: Ward Cove Wildlife Seacycle Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy exploring the Southeast Alaskan coastline on a sea cycle. Seacycling is the cadillac of kayaking. Leisurely pedal 5-7 mph and have your hands free for picture taking and binocular use. Our guided tour takes you up close to the abundant wildlife. Discover one of the most historic coves in SE Alaska. Learn about all of the industries that created Alaska and the unique ways Alaskans still utilize the land and the ocean to subsist. Top off your tour with hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, salmon dip, cheese and crackers, and fruit.
Suffolk
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Thoroughly recommend”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We agree with everything that has been written. Great fun for all ages (we are 58 & 65) and did not find it at all strenuous. We were collected from our cruise ship by Vicki & Taylor and taken out to their dock. We were then kitted out in waterproof jackets & trousers as the weather was a bit drizzly, but that did not detract from the pleasure at all. If we had any apprehensions on the professionalism of the company up to that point (not that we had) - they would have soon been dispelled. We were amazed at the number of sets of waterproof clothing and the quality. During our time on the water Vicki & Amber told us about the wild-life, the environment and also informative stories about the First Nations People. Great experience. Wonderful, friendly people. Hope we get the chance to do this again.

Ketchikan, Alaska
“Peace & Tranquility”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had the time of our lives! So peaceful and fun! you are just inches from the water and we saw Salmon, Seals, Ducks and even a bear.

“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

What a great time way to spend an afternoon in Ketchikan! It was fun yet relaxing at the same time. The scenery around you is simply amazing. Not only are you able to enjoying being on the water, but you get to see ships that are in the cove also seals and beautiful bald eagles. I definitely recommend this activity!

St. George, Utah
“Best excursion on my whole cruise”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The crisp clean air was invigorating and we saw beautiful landscapes and the unbelievable joy of seeing little eyes peaking out over the sea water at us as we cycled past some seals. As we passed an eagles nest, I looked up and saw a bald eagle as it flew out of the trees towards us then into the sky. It was the closest I have ever been to a bald eagle.

I was a little apprehensive at first to pedal a cycle of any kind at my age. I am 66 yrs. old and was relieved to find out I was not only senior there. We were warm and dry thanks to the water proof gear provided. Setting above the water, we went at our own speed and enjoyed a relaxing pace as we were shown a little piece of the real spirit of Alaska. Being on the water, I could see and taste and feel the whole experience better than I anticipated. We learned a little history of the area, saw jelly fish, star fish, pulled up sea weed and a crab pot, and other funny looking things I didn't recognize out of the water.

I was surprised when we returned to dock that I felt more energy than I can remember in a long time. I definitely want to come again. Everyone was so friendly and reassuring we later relaxed around a light lunch with hot coca and treats visiting and learning more about the amazing people in our group. My thanks to Ron, Vicki, Amber and their staff.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely a must do in Ketchikan!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was trying to find a fun, unique, family friendly excursion to do with kids from kindergarten age to high schoolers. As we departed the cruise ship, hundreds of tourists were lined up to do the typical tourist attractions while Ron and Vicki were personally waiting to pick us up right at our ship and drive us out of the congestion, to a quiet, peaceful cove.
The cycles held 2,3 or 4 people and the 3 seaters had a basket to put your belongings in which was nice with our camera bag (or you can leave your belongings locked up in their office back on the dock). We paddled around the bay for an hour and a half and each child (and adult) enjoyed every minute. Our spirited, but aging grandfather teamed with our teenage daughter on their own Sea Cycle. I was a little concerned knowing she'd have to do all the pedaling while he did all the talking, but they kept up with the group just fine, pedaling and laughing the whole time! The cycling trip was guided around they bay. Vicki told us about the shipwrecks, tidal life, old lumber mill, abandoned floating lumber camp, bald eagles and other wildlife. We saw a bald eagle dive into the water for a salmon. We saw seals, otters, jelly fish, star fish, crabs, mussels and several bald eagles.
It was the perfect amount of time! When we got back to the dock there were light refreshments waiting for us back at the dock, some fabulous salmon dip, fruit, cheese and crackers.
My kids loved it. Throughout our cruise they continued to say it was their favorite excursion. They still wear their T-shirts all the time.

We're so grateful for how well we were treated! Thanks Ron and Vicki for creating such a wonderful memory for our family!!!!

Visited May 2013