“Great fishing and great meal”

Baranof Fishing Excursions
Ranked #4 of 97 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Owner description: Baranof Fishing Excursions offers a variety of Alaska fishing adventures out of the world-renowned fishing port of Ketchikan, Alaska. Whether you are a family looking to take your kids on their first fishing excursion, or an experienced angler looking to spend the day fighting our world-renowned salmon, we would be honored to introduce you to fishing in Alaska!
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My son and I took the 6 hr. Baranof fishing excursion for halibut. The captain of the boat was very experienced and worked hard to put us on top of the fish. We caught halibut as well as cod and snapper. They were very safety conscious and equipped us will all of the gear to remain dry and comfortable. We went out with three people from a cruise ship and they wanted to have the catch processed and shipped home. Since we didn't want the expense of shipping, we traded our catch for one of the smaller halibut and we asked if the restaurant next door (the Fish House also owned by Baranof) could cook our catch for us. I expected to pay for the meal, but they offered to cook it up for us free. The meal was great and Josh at the restaurant couldn't do enough for us.

1  Thank tim f

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a marvelous time fishing with Captain John. Within 20 minutes we limited out on Halibut, you can only get 1 per person. Wish they were larger so we could of shipped them home. Next we went to another spot fishing for Cod, didn't realize how many different types there are. 6 more fish and off to camp we went. We were eating our fresh fish at camp by 12:30. We tossed out a small Cod in the water & an eagle came right down and grabbed it & flew off right before our eyes. Best video of our trip! I highly recommend this excursion and we will definatally come back. I would recommend buying some beer prior to leaving port, first time fishing without an adult beverage to CHEERS with. Thanks for the fun memories. Check out the website May 15th 2014 photos I sent them.

2  Thank Dawn O
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a great excursion, everyone was just outstanding at Baranof. Don our boat captain was so much fun and made even a rainy day outstanding. We fished in the morning and caught our lunch which was so cool. Then we went to the camp site where a hot fire was going with hot delicious coffee was served and our lunch with our catch of the day was 5 star! Oh that blueberry bread pudding. It was a special day that created great memories, in a beautiful place with a wonderful group of people. They are just the best!

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend, myself, and mother all wanted to do a fishing excursion while on our cruise trip to Alaska. We were not disappointed at all!! Everything was perfect that day! We got to go out and fish, fish, fish! I had gotten so many catches that I had fishing fever!! But I knew time was running short and reluctantly pulled in my line for the final time so our guide Jim could take us to the campsite and have our catch cooked up for us. We pulled up to the remote campsite and I was amazed. Like something out of a cool dream!! They had a kitchen and dining area. Primitive toilet facilities that were quite clever. Coffee was hot on the fire and soda chilled in the cooler. We washed up, get a beverage and watched as they cut up and filet our days catch fresh and still kickin. They put all the fish together in an awesomely delicious boullibase with exciting condiments of their own recipes. Curry and whatnot. Fresh big tomatoes and potatoes. To die for!! Soooo good!! I can't wait for the day I can do this agian. I wish we could have spent more time at the campsite but it's my fault for not wanting to stop fishing. Lol. Plus the fact that our cruiseship wasn't gonna wait for us. The weather was perfect also. We brought the sunny warm weather with us from San Francisco and all of Ketchikan were shocked how great the weather was and not raining. Super people and super weather plus awesome food made for the best time I will never forget!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

On May 18 2014 we booked a fishing trip excursion during our inside passage cruise in Alaska with Royal Caribbean. This excursion was one of my favorite things we did on this vacation. There, were four people fishing in a nice skiff with plenty of room. Our guide was friendly and we all caught fish including cod, rockfish and halibut. We kept enough for us to eat at lunch and the rest were carefully released. At noon we pulled up on the beach and there in the woods was an awesome camp. There was coffee brewing on the fire, our fish were cleaned and served to us for lunch. The meal was delicious and everyone in the camp was very nice. All of the gear we needed was provided. We just showed up and fished and ate lunch. The guide even took pictures during the trip and they are posted on the company's website. A very nice day.

1  Thank Livefree52