“Fishing in Ketchikan with SeaMist charters”

Ketchikan Salmon Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Charter Fishing Ketchikan, Alaska. Ketchikan, Alaska is known for its premier fishing resources. Join us for a salmon, halibut, or squid fishing charter this summer.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I Booked the trip with Captian Malcolm Doiron by phone after a recommendation by a fellow charter captain. He can now be booked through the internet. My stepson, 18 yr old grand daugher and I were on the Seamist on July 14, 2013 with a couple from California. We had great weather, unusual for Alaska. Malcolm met us at the dock, Celebrity cruise, and his boat was docked less than 100 ft away. We were on our way fishing before 730am. We were catching lots of salmon by 8am. We alternated bringing in the fish to give everyone the experience. There was never enough time to get all the lines in the water. Everyone caught plenty individually. Malcolm gave us a great time fishing and was very informative about southeast Alaska. The scenery was beautiful and worth the price by itself. I would highly recommend him. Great day.

4  Thank joes1947

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked a fun-filled Alaska vacation with land tours, a cruise, several flights, whale watching and yes, halibut fishing. We were going to book through the cruise line but Jim Parrot was recommended to us and we cannot thank them enough for the recommendation. Jim was extremely communicative and responsive via e-mail from the beginning, responded to every question, and was waiting for us with a sign at the pier when we got off the ship. Jim's boat was docked a couple of minutes walk away and the fun began. We were four and ranged from no experience to moderate experience and Jim was equally patient with all of us ....and we all shared several laughs throughout the day. I am sure I will be most remembered as the one who forgot to pack their water shoes and went fishing in dress shoes....which I now refer to as my lucky dress shoes having caught the most fish in our group! Jim has a great sense of humor, is extraordinarily experienced and is a fantastic captain and fisherman. We caught several halibut (some which I made for dinner last night) and a range of other fish which thanks to Jim, we arranged with Cedars Lodge to have shipped back home. Jim had snacks, lunch preparations and drinks, but more importantly, the experience and personality to provide us a safe but enormously enjoyable experience. If you are thinking about fishing in Alaska, do not hesitate and book Jim before someone else takes your spot. Thanks Jim for a great time, great laughs and all the great meals we are having back home.

7  Thank bsamiami
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Captain Malcolm Doiron provided us with an amazing day of fishing! We actually had great weather that day as Alaska is going through a heat-wave with lots of sun! It was our first time in Alaska, and we originally booked a salmon fishing trip through our cruise line. That morning, we found out that the cruise line's excursion had boats down and could only take a certain amount of people. Since we were the first to be axed, we stopped by Malcolm's boat to see if he had availability and he did! I'm so happy that it worked out the way we did because we got the full Alaskan experience with Malcolm and caught a lot of fish!! I highly recommend using Malcolm. It was the best time, I'll never forget it!!! THANK YOU MALCOLM!!!

2  Thank msko3
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I highly recommend going salmon fishing. Our captain was great and we had a blast catching 29 keepers.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first salmon fishing trip and we had a blast. I really did not go to fish but rather to watch my Husband fish. We all enjoyed catching salmon, Allan 3 and me 1, far more than I had expected. Thanks Expert for a great time along with Dan & Sandi!