“Extremely exciting!”

Ketchikan Salmon Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Charter Fishing Ketchikan, Alaska. Ketchikan, Alaska is known for its premier fishing resources. Join us for a salmon, halibut, or squid fishing charter this summer.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first salmon fishing trip and we had a blast. I really did not go to fish but rather to watch my Husband fish. We all enjoyed catching salmon, Allan 3 and me 1, far more than I had expected. Thanks Expert for a great time along with Dan & Sandi!

All reviews
"charter"
in 12 reviews
"trawling"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a Cruise with Princess Cruise lines and I booked a charter with Malcom Doiron and Seamist Charters on my own (Not a shore excursion with cruise line). I was with my wife and my parents for the trip and it was my parents first time fishing as such. Malcom met us right at the pier as we walked off our cruise ship. After a short walk of only like 100 yards, we jumped on his boat and off we went. Within 15-20 minutes lines were in the water. Malcom was very kind and willing to work with my parents on how to correctly reel the fish when we hooked up. After a couple hours of constant reeling, filling the cooler and enjoying the amazing scenery Malcolm pointed out a few bald eagles nearby. We do not see them here in Upstate New York so we were in awwwwww. A neighboring fishing boat threw in some fish and we watched a bald eagle show prior to going back to port. Along the way back, Malcom pointed out some local attractions and the history that followed. I fish on a daily basis and learned some great tips from Malcom as we enjoyed the day. I have never met such a nicer Captain on a boat as we did last week. Malcom recommended we ship some of our fish back home to enjoy which we did! I would highly recommend SeaMist Charters to anyone that comes to Ketchikan, Alaska!! Check out the link! http://www.seamistcharters.com/

2  Thank jbowman1077
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We cruised in thru NCL and bought all our shore excursions thru the ship but made an exception with the fishing. We reserved thru Ketchikansalmonfishing.com 4 months in advance for 6 hours salmon fishing after another local guide was booked and recommended the site. I'm not into fishing but my husband is and what better way to experience Ketchikan, the salmon capital of the world, then to go salmon fishing?
We were one of the first passengers off the boat and wanted to do as much fishing before the weather changed. We packed our rain jackets and wore our waterproof pants in case it rained as Ketchikan is known for. Capt. Jim was waiting for us at the dock and walked a few yards to his boat, Parker. He had hot coffee, bottled water and muffins for us but had breakfast on the ship. It took 20 minutes to get to Lucky Cove and Capt. Jim slowed down for me to take pictures of a bald eagle perched on a rock. When we reached the cove Capt. Jim prepared the bait of salted filet herring and within minutes my husband and I were taking turns reeling the salmons in! The weather was beautiful (not a drop of rain), the company great and every catch was incredible as the next. The feeling of pure excitement comes when you see the rod pull and pop up and you grab the rod and feel the weight of the fish as you reel it in. The final count were 18 salmons- 12 Silver, 4 Pink, 2 Sockeyes and threw back 3 baby Kings! All 64 lbs. were processed and shipped to TX!

Capt. Jim, thank you for making our Ketchikan experience an awesome and unforgettable one especially for my husband, Oscar, who doesn't have to tell his friends the story of how the big fish got away!

1  Thank joskie3
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ketchikan is the Salmon capitol of the world. They call this place Ketch-i -kan for a reason. We caught 5 large salmon - enough to fill the freezer for some time. Every one of the members of the family caught at least one. It was very exciting. One may also run into a whale, dolphin, and/or bald eagles, as we did while on the boat.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were on our Honeymoon and traveled to Alaska on a Carnival Cruise. I booked a charter several months prior with Jim Parrott of Ketchikansalmonfishing.com. I have to say, Jim is a class act! The cruise ship arrived a few minutes late and Jim was at the dock waiting for us. We walked a few steps down to his boat at the Marina and after a brief safety talk we were on our way. Jim shortly had us on our first King Salmon of the trip. It was a small one but a King none the less. Next up was my new Wife. She of course hooks into a beautiful 28lb King Salmon which she fought like a champ. I was never able to beat that fish(as is always the case) but we did manage to catch several other Kings, Pinks and Coho Salmon. Jim worked hard to put us on Fish and managed to get me a 15lb King before it was over. He even took care of getting our Fish cleaned and processed and we had 32lbs of Salmon Fillets shipped back to Miami. He then dropped us off literally 30 steps from our crew ship and we were onboard shortly after. Jim is an outstanding Captain and a great person. He left such a great impression on my wife with this trip that she said it was the highlight of her trip. If I were rating these reviews, Jim Parrott from ketchikansalmonfishing.com would be ranked #1 must do in Ketchikan! Thanks Jim and hope we can do it again.

5  Thank Tony t

Been to Ketchikan Salmon Fishing? Share your experiences!