“Best fish and chips I found in Ketchikan”
Review of O'Brien's Pub and Eatery - CLOSED

O'Brien's Pub and Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Coffee House by morning - Alaskan Pub by Lunch & DinnerBest Fish & Chips in KetchikanSuperb Customer Service with a Waterfront ViewGuinness & Local Alaskan Breweries on DraftJust an All Around Fun Place to be in KetchikanAll Meats Roasted in-house & ONLY Fresh Alaskan Seafood is Served
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Small, bright eatery with friendly wait staff just off Creek Street near the bridge. The Guinness beer batter was excellent! I don't usually like cod, but the batter really made this the best fish and chips in Ketchikan (imagine would have been even better on halibut). My husband's Reuben was good. Great brewed iced tea with frequent free refills. We were too full for dessert.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great beer and wine, small but worth it if there is a seat. Good sandwiches and light food, a little bit "granola" but great fried mushrooms, and some real serious coffee. Prices about normal for here. They definitely support the Area Arts and are open all year. A welcome addition to Ketchikan with a strong irish influence. I'll be visiting when I come in to sell fish or warm up in the winter. No sense in putting on airs here, just good people making good food.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our cruise stopped in Ketchikan. My husband I wanted something that was a little further from port and found this little pub. We loved it. It was quaint, with a local feel. My husband enjoyed the haddock, fish and chips and I had the crab/salmon cakes. My meal was amazing--the best I have ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of crab cakes!!! They had Alaskan beer on tap and specialty coffees. Our waitress was very personable and told us all about the pub and recommended some things to see before we left the island. A very nice lunch, we highly recommend this simple but wonderful little pub.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

fish and chips and "cod balls" were very good- friendly atmosphere and good service. good selection of Alaskan beers too!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Willie O'Brien & his staff will make you feel right at home from the moment you enter their, warm, welcoming Irish pub! The smoked salmon is THE REAL DEAL and pairs perfectly with the house specialty drink, a Pabst-schmear! Ask for it by name! Don't hold it against him, but Willy is a Red Wings fan. Would love to see our Flyboys go up against his Red Wings this year!!!

2  Thank HighTiders