“Wonderful trip”

Mountain Air Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Air Service specializes in personal flight seeing tours.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Whilst visiting Ketchikan four of us took a trip on Mountain Air Service seaplane tour,we all had a window view, It really was wonderful, Randy was a local born resident who certainly knew the best route for our tour, he gave a a short break on a pontoon half way through the trip which was amazing. Can highly recommend this family run company.We booked with him on line and he was most helpful with all the arrangements. Thanks Randy! an experience we shall never forget.The Gilbert Family.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I originally contacted Island Wings for a sea plane excursion through the Misty Fjiords. Michelle was booked but referred me to Randy at Mountain Air. Everything went smoothly from the booking over the phone to the end of the excursion. We were in a six passenger (plus pilot) plane. Everyone had a window seat and I was up front with Randy as the "co-pilot." We were in Alaska for 13 days and this was one of the highlights of our trip. I would definitely recommend Randy and Mountain Air.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We bought a flight seeing tour through Mountain Air with Randy. He did a great job of flying in close to the mountains and then stopping at a dock then back to Ketchikan. The tour was really nice and I loved the music he chose for going through Misty Fjords. There is not a glacier there, but he did explain options for renting cabins and the history of the Monument rather than park. He flew around the island and showed us where the bridge to nowhere was supposed to go. We originally tried to book Island Wings, they have the best ratings but Randy is getting her overflow and I am really glad he was very good. His business is newer. I had wanted to book the tour of the fjord and then to a crab restaurant for a feast from the boat, but it was fully booked. This tour was longer and for less so I was happy with this turn of events. His plane is beautifully restored and in great shape.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stepped of the cruise ship in early June and was met by the locals trying to sell you stuff. I knew I wanted to go on a float plane, and I knew the prices quoted by the cruise ship. I ended up signing up for twice as much time (almost 2 hours) for $30 less. Got to sit in the co-pilot seat for half the ride and enjoyed it immensely. Randy is great and made us all feel at ease. My best memory of my Alaskan cruise.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was my first ride in a small plane and it was smoother than the flight from Florida to Seattle. What an adventure! I booked this excursion separate from the cruise ship after doing some research on trip advisor. I went by myself, as my husband is not fond of heights and flights. I have talked about this flight so much, that he may even go on our next trip to Alaska in 2016. We flew over the Misty Fjords and the scenery was nothing that this Florida gal has ever seen. Randy was a great pilot and narrator. His sister picked us up in a van and dropped us back off at the cruise terminal. As I told Randy, it was the most thrilling thing that I have ever done in my 61 years. Do not miss this adventure if you are traveling to Alaska and book with Mountain Air Service.