“They won't let your plate get empty until you say stop...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of George Inlet Crab Feast

George Inlet Crab Feast
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You have it listed in your forum
Pearland, Texas
“They won't let your plate get empty until you say stop...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

...I kid you not, once you start it is up to you to say WHOA. A nice salad was on the table when we arrived, followed quickly by our drinks and an informative instructional talk on how to get the most/best out of your crab (that was coming up next). Our hostesses (Jenny and Lauren, I believe) were great! Once the crab hit the plates, it was ON!!! if your plate even looked like it was getting "low" the ladies quickly served you another crab, or two, or three...whew. The "feast" didn't end when you finally submitted to a tummy full of tasty crab, because then they brought around some delicious cheese cake! This meal was absolutely wonderful!! Even my kids (ages 6 & 9) had a blast (and are still talking about how good the crab was). If you are going to be in Ketchican, don't miss out on this experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Elverta, California, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was my first trip to Alaska and my first time trying fresh crab. It was amazing! The people that work there are awesome. I went there as part of an excursion for the cruise I was taking, so we had a private dining room with a fire in the fireplace, it was so cozy. The crab kept coming until you could eat no more. They give you a demonstration on how to crack the crab and will even help you out if you still can't master it. It was truly awesome and a must try!

• Visited July 2014
Brook Park, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crab, crab and more crab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Enough cannot be said about the wonderful experience we had at the George Inlet Crab Feast. We booked through our cruise ship and were not at all disappointed. We had a wonderful bus driver getting us there. He was informative about the area. Our boat Capt. Gil and guide Heather were super. Gil was able to call in his eagle and feed her. It gave us an up close and personal look at the eagles. Enough cannot be said about these two. They made the whole trip very enjoyable. Now on to the eating. We were shown how to disassemble the crab and then the fun began. Food was excellent. and the whole experience was enjoyable.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank crabby19422014
Tujunga, California
“Yummy Dungeness Crabs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The whole package is fantastic! First, you go on a cruise to learn about crabbing. Then at the restaurant you eat these, wonderfully, steamed, sweet, fresh, Dungeness crabs - as much as you can! It kinda ruined the rest of my cruise cuisine experience. I couldn't enjoy seafood in the same way again...

1 Thank ABRasco
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Where have you been all my life?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I love Crab, every time made in every way. So when I saw Crab feast on the menu of cruise ship excursions, I told my wife I was going (with or without her.) She acquiesced to coming along, but then found someone else to take her place instead.

Our boat tour guide was informative and entertaining. Her jokes were so bad, you couldn't help but laugh. Whether you were laughing at her or with her, she did her job of keeping things entertaining. Her sister is a waitress at the restaurant, which was kind of cool.

So on to the main event: The crab eating. They gave a crash course on how to crack crabs, and all I could think was "shut up and give me the crab," but I was patient and waited through the talk. FINALLY, CRABS!!!!!! There was much rejoicing.

So I'll say that I loved the food and the service was great and the following comments do not detract from the experience, but there are a few observations.

1) Not enough time for eating. As I mentioned, I like crabs and I definitely could have eaten more if there were more time. Our bus driver came back early, which was a bummer. I was hoping he would get a flat tire an would have to call someone to come out and change it so I would get more time to eat. I ate 4 half pieces, and I'm convinced I could have done 4 more.

2) Not seasoned, at all. I realize they are catering to the general public so they didn't want to spice or season things too much. That being said, it would have been nice to offer two different options. One that was just the regular boil, and another one with seasoning. Having visited New Orleans many times, I know there are lots of creative things you can do with crab boil that gives it quite a kick. I would have liked an option, but I would have eaten it regardless.

3) No center. Again, I understand that they are catering to the masses so giving someone a whole crab (shell and all) may scare some people. However, for people like me who love crab, we know what we can and can't eat and we know how to handle the crab. Give me the whole thing, I'll dissect it faster than a Pit Crew at Daytona. Would have been nice to have a "whole crab" option.

All that being said, I would go on this tour again in a heart beat. Next time, I'll look for a time later on in the day.

Visited June 2014