“Delicious feast in beautiful locale”

George Inlet Crab Feast
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You have it listed in your forum
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our hostess for the feast was Reslana and she was cute, perky and full of helpful instructions for eating some very tasty dungeness crabs! It was a great excursion and we went home full and satisfied.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was our second time to Georges' Cove. The first time was unlimited crab, but we only had 7 people on the excursion and it was 5+ years ago. We also did the Flightseeing tour to get there and back. This time we did the Wildlife/RainForest walk. Both were excellant tours. This time we were limited to two crabs apiece, (which is all we ate when it was unlimited anyway) Great Crab and the sides were great also. They are very handicap friendly, so go to Georges Cove and enjoy the CRAB!

1  Thank DeeCeeTee
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our first Alaskan excursion and I must say it was the best one we had. We started from the ship and took a really long bus ride to the lodge. Although the drive was long it was very beautiful we even passed a few waterfalls. Once at the lodge we loaded onto a boat and took our tour to catch Dungeness crab. Along the boat ride we saw a couple of Eagles and they even swooped down and caught fish RIGHT BY THE BOAT! The captain could call them down by whistling and then throw a small fish out and the eagle just came down and picked it right up. We also saw a large waterfall. It was just simply breath taking. When we got to the crab pots I volunteered and pulled up a crab pot. Our tour guide Heather had to help me a bit cause it was heavy. She then taught us how to hold them and I even held one by the pinchers!! After that we were heading back to the lodge and saw a humpback on the way back!!

Now for the best part! The crab! Words can not express how delicious the food is! And the crab doesn't stop coming! Just when I didn't think I could eat more a girl would come around with a steamy pot of 3rds or 4ths and I would take one! Word to the wise eat your fill on crab but save just a bit of room for the cheesecake!

The only complaint I have would be the stairs on the way up. After all that crab it was painful to walk up LOL!!

All in all it was a fabulous visit and I can't wait to return!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We booked this as one of our excursions for our cruise. It was a 30 minute bus ride to the inlet and then a 30 minute boat tour of the inlet where you see a cannery, waterfall and some eagles if you are lucky. They pulled up two crab pots to show everyone the live crab and how it is caught. Then they take you back to the dining room for all you can eat crab. The meal also included a drink, Beer, wine or pop, a salad and cheesecake for desert. The staff were very friendly, If you have never seen crab caught you will find it interesting. We are from the West Coast so found the excursion a little pricey for the experience but everyone seemed to enjoy it

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was offered as one of the cruise excursions on Regent Seven Seas. What a treat. The crab was fantastic and it was all you could eat! My husband and I are typically not "all you can eat" type people, but for this I will make an exception. We each had 3 servings - better to eat more crab than the blueberry cake they serve for dessert.

Fresher and tastier crab you will be hard pressed to find. I even enjoyed this more than the king crab we had on board ship.

The boat ride before the feast was nice as well. We saw some eagles as well as some interesting landscape.

Of course there were the crab pots as well. Actually pretty interesting.

I would absolutely go again.