“My husband loved this tour which we combined with a floatplane”

George Inlet Crab Feast
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You have it listed in your forum
Adelaide, Australia
“My husband loved this tour which we combined with a floatplane”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I don't eat crab but our group loved this tour. We were bused in from our cruise ship around 1pm which was a great time slot apparently they start at 8am?? They serve you some salmon with crackers as a starter for everyone to share. We had 10 people in our group. We were given a separate dining room. I was given a chicken option. Everyone was given a demonstration on how to get into your crab without having to work too hard, it is served warm which my husband loved. They gave you as much as you wanted to eat for an hour. They were very big meaty pieces that were purchased locally and very fresh. My husband has never enjoyed crab as much before. They also supply wine, beer and soft drinks and kept the service coming, you could have as much of everything as you wanted. They also gave you cheesecake at the end. You have some time after to walk around and then the floatplane brings the next lot of people in and our group of four had one floatplane to ourselves. The scenic flight back was awesome, we had a very clear day so our lady pilot took us over some amazing scenery. Was a great tour to do in Ketchikan.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Karen E

Bakersfield, California, United States
“The best crab I have ever had!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This adventure took us out on a pontoon type boat where I got to bring in a crab pot (Kinda Fun to see how its done) then our guide showed us how to tell if the crab is the right size. After this adventure we went back to the Lodge for our All You Can Eat Crab Feast. This was the best crab I have ever had. The Flavor was very tender and it just melted in your mouth. If you love Crab I would Recommend this adventure.

1 Thank 366kyleb
Stowe, Vermont
“Great tour and then there's the Crabs”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is one of my favorite tours in southeast Alaska. We took it while on the Zuiderdam and it was awesome. You are transported to the south end of Ketchikan by motor coach right from your pier. You then get on a boat that takes you on a very scenic cruise of the area. They pull up a crab pot that does have live crab in them. The crew takes the crab out, shows you what they look like. THey'll pass them around if you want to feel them (as long as they are stomach side up they don't bite). after the tour you're brought back to a beautiful waterfront lodge where you are served a great feast of Dungeness crab. The meat is sweet and if you're quick you can pack away a very large amount of crab. THey also serve a salad and a cheese cake - but I can get cheese cake anywhere, so I opted to keep eating crab - right up until the bus was ready to head back to the ship.
All in all, this is a great tour. The scenery is breath taking. You can learn a lot about the early salmon canning industry from the crew on the boat and the crabs are excellent. Service was excellent too. Highly recommend it.

2 Thank Mikeatsea03242
MESQUITE
“Just pure Crab fun and oh so delicious!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

You can either come by seaplane or by bus to George Inlet. I took the bus so I could go out on the crab boat. And that is the most fun I've had in a long time! You get to "pull" up a crab pot with live crabs while our guide (Nick) explained how to tell a male crab from a female crab. Did you know NO female crabs are harvested?? And did you know that if you place a crab on its back it falls immediately asleep? No pinched fingers if you manage this little trick! Our captain showed us bald eagles and the salmon were heading upstream and were a jumping at the little creeks around the inlet.

And ladies, if you are brave enough to hold a crab you also get a crab crown! I won't explain because that would just spoil all the fun.

Heading back to the restaurant you are guaranteed a fabulous feast of juicy, delicious Dungeness crab. All you can eat in your time allotment (which is about 1 hour or until your bus comes). But it is worth it! The servers keep them coming until you say STOP! And all it is served with is butter to dunk it in. The cheesecake with wild blueberries is very good. And they play a game with the shells. Create the highest crab shell tower and win the prize!

The staff at George inlet is friendly, and knowledgeable and just out and out right fun!!

If you can only do one excursion in Ketchikan - do this! You won't regret it.

1 Thank Indigo_Flint
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great crab, but not technically all you can eat”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place, in a great setting, with great food. If you do it as a tour with one of the cruise ships, you'll be able to eat all you can... in about one hour. That includes dessert, which I had no more room for after finishing the crab. It also includes the time it takes to get everyone served with drinks. This was just pure dungenuss crab, no crazy seasonings and no side dishes, just butter for dunking. The hosts show you the best way to break onto the crab and then they keep dumping crab clusters until you say "no more" or until your bus is ready to leave.

Visited August 2013