My Place Hotel-Ketchikan, AK(Ketchikan)
$198
Inn at Creek Street(Ketchikan)(Great Value!)
$252
$125
$110
Cape Fox Lodge(Ketchikan)
$235
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewstimbers restauranthalibuthamburgerblue cheesefishing guideprime ribgreat dinnermac cheeserock fishdays fishinggreat restaurantgreat fishingbald eaglesfishing lodgegreat viewin townfreeze
Reviewed September 25, 2017

My family visited Salmon Falls last year and had a great time. This year I organized a four days "guys weekend" in late Aug.

We had a great time and the team at Salmon Falls went out of their way to take care of us. The general manager made it a point to introduce himself and we felt looked after for our entire stay - he and his team's efforts were consistently great.

We did some guided fishing as well as took their brand new skiffs out for our own fishing and exploring. We caught a lot of fish and they fillet, package, and flash freeze right on site.

We also took a boat trip to visit bears in their native habitat which was actually a highlight of our trip even though we didn't know we could do such thing coming into our trip. They even set up a room for us to have some poker games at night!!

The rooms have been further updated from last year with new tvs and bath amenities and everything was very clean.

Food was good (as it was last year) and they have also expanded the menu to include more basic items like hamburgers and mac-n-cheese.

Based on the combination of location (remote but not too remote, can take van to visit downtown KTN), amenities (much nicer than your typical basic Alaskan fishing lodge), and price (well priced, all inclusive package options), I would rank this as the top fishing lodge destination in the Ketchikan area.

We will be back next year !!

Room Tip: Upper lodge has an Eagle's nest right outside the windows....
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank imespUSA
Kelly M, Director of Sales at Salmon Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

imespUSA - Thanks for your review. Give us a call when you're ready to book your 2018 adventure! We would love to have your back.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Lodge and restaurant are only open in the summer. Ask for a table by the window and watch for whales. Dinner was fine but not over the top. Just changed ownership and should improve by next season. Excellent resort for full package fishing. Nice lodge, good fishing charters and sight seeing available on the island.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2017

With the recommendation of a friend we drove up to the Falls for lunch in early July and tried them. My wife ordered the salmon salad and I ordered a hamburger (medium rare). My wife raved on the salmon, but thought the greens were a little "old" and I got a rare under cooked, due to it being frozen, bland hamburger. Flash forward 3 weeks and the friend that had talked us into going the first time said give them another try, BIG MISTAKE! This time I ordered a fried oriental roll with the specific request of no cucumbers in it and my wife again ordered the salmon salad. Two pieces of the roll and I tasted and found cucumber in the roll and my wife again commented on the wilted greens. Our service was slow to non-existent (one cool cup of tea and no check for refills as no check on how our meal was until the end of my partners meals) as I had stopped eating 20 minutes earlier. They got me twice, but never more.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed August 4, 2017

First, the restaurant. Dinner was excellent each night. Our waitress Fabiana was fab-ulous! The peanut butter pie is an amazing dessert. Special sushi roll (Godzilla roll) was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for locals or those in town looking for a great dinner with a great view. (More on the breakfast later)

Lodge. Below average. Room was basic at best. Motel 6 quality. Make sure NOT to get a room where the exterior hallway light shines into the room (there are no curtains either). It's like having a floodlight shine into your room all night, and they told me they couldn't do anything about this. And any noise in the restaurant/fire pit area is loud to those in the rooms sleeping. I stayed before at the Waterfall resort, and the rooms there blow this place away. Again, basic rooms but no big deal because we went there....

....to fish! And the resort has gone downhill when it comes to boats and guides. Not even close to the quality of Waterfall resort's guides, at least the guide that we had there. Their boats only have 2 down riggers but they still charge for 4 fishing on the boat. Our first day guide, M-----L from Florida, was awful. Didn't even recognize a halibut when we caught it. Didn't move around from bad spots. Condescended to us when we questioned anything, and overall seemed fidgety and nervous from minute one. Speaking of minute one, he didn't even have the bait ready to go when we went out.

The management made up for this on day two by bringing in an outside charter service, Alaska Strike Zone, for two of the groups who had bad guides. THEY WERE FANTASTIC! Robert and his wife Sheila were wonderful and we had a nice boat. Even their smaller boat had 4 down riggers. Good move by SF to go outside of their setup and bring in a more reliable outfit.

Oh yes, pre-fishing breakfast to me is important. You need to get the day started right. Well, not at Salmon Falls. Horrible. Eggs you can cut into squares. Nothing creative. I seriously compare it to those free breakfasts offered at most mid-range hotels these days. Today, despite only 2 tables being occupied, our waiter could not even help us with water or coffee. I had to go get the water pitcher and he apologized. Really? Coffee was cold and food was borderline inedible. This place does dinner right but could care less about the fishers in the morning.

Overall, dinner is outstanding. Rooms are average at best. Breakfast is horrible. Fishing is not something to brag about. This resort apparently is going downhill.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms with exterior hallway light shining into window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank NKYO
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Absolutely outstanding 4th of July week in Ketchikan at Salmon Falls Resort. Between Salmon and Halibut fishing on the Resort's boats guided by very knowledgeable captains, great accommodations, and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, this was a trip filled with memories, camaraderie with fellow guests and fishermen, and great drink and food at Timber's Restaurant. What more could you want! We stayed in the upper lodge, and arising early one morning, I watched a mother eagle feed her young in a tree just outside my door. A walk down to the dock found a seal and ferret disputing rights to a tiny scrap of fish from yesterday's catch. After a wonderful day of fishing, sitting around the firepit with a 'bartender's special Whiskey Sour' and watching the sunset while talking with my son about the ladies in our lives -- memories for a lifetime. I'll include photos for you to peruse. Visiting nearby attractions like the State Park at Settler's Cove on Lunch Creek, just north of Salmon Falls Resort, was a great break from fishing and within walking distance if we wanted to take a picnic lunch to enjoy by the park's waterfalls. Added Ketchikan to 2018 and 2019 trip plans, and we look forward to a family affair at Salmon Falls Resort. Perfect setting in a beautiful area of Ketchikan and Southern Alaska. Try it and enjoy the same gorgeous setting and views!

Room Tip: Stay in the North Lodge, but the views are gorgeous from everywhere!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family