All reviewstimbers restauranthalibutbrussel sproutsblue cheesehamburgerfishing guideprime ribgreat dinnermac cheeserock fishdays fishinggreat restaurantgreat fishinggreat viewbald eaglesfishing lodgein town
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Salmon Falls resort...the title does not do this place justice! It should be called the Salmon falls experience. There is lodging that is of the log cabin style (very comfortable nothing fancy), a restruant were we ate some of the freshed fish, crab, oysters, and muscles, and had amazing steak and the best chowder I have ever had. Then there is the fishing which is world class. we were going for Salmon and Halibut (came home with over 100lbs of halibut fillets!!!). There are also jet boat tours and a gift shop which mainly are for the visitors from the cruise ships.
We were there for the fishing, which was great, but ended up having some of the best times at the restaurant. The dinning was out of this world!!! And to top everything off the staff is fantastic! They went out of their way to get to know us, and make us feel comfortable and to accomidate all of our needs.
For the alsakan experience, with amazing fishing and great dinning I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank cducoin
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We booked a jet boat cruise and tour of the local waterways with the Salmon Falls Resort. The facilities, staff, and equipment were first class. Our tourguide Molly was born and raised in the area. Her stories about growing up there were absolute treasures. I inadvertantly left a camera behind when we left. When I realized what happened I was to far away to return. I called and talked to Chris, they had my camera. They tried to relay it to me but it was too late. They packed it up and mailed it to me. I received it as good as new shortly after I got home. A truly first class operation that puts their guests first.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2008

The Resort, services, location, boats, and guides couldn't be better.
Fishing for halibut and coho was balanced so we could choose which one to pursue. The weather was sunny and clear the first day and the coho weren't biting (I only landed one but something big slammed my rod and broke the 50 lb leader. No idea what it was.) We opted to go for halibut and weren't disappointed. Largest was 43 lbs. Second day dawned rainy and windy so we ran for about an hour south to what I call Coho beach. We trolled close in to shore in about 60 feet of water and ran into a school of coho. At one point we had four fish on. Everyone got their limit and then we tried halibut but only landed one. Third day was clear, sunny, and calm again. We returned to coho beach and had our limits by 10am. Halibut fishing was not good again. When I left for the airport at 630am my two boxes of fish were packed and ready. They were still frozen solid when I got home. The food at the resort is wonderful and the portions huge.
I fished all three days with the same guide and he was great. I highly recommend Salmon Falls Resort and plan to return next year.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 24, 2007

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!! What a great experience. Friendly staff, bend over backwards to make your stay the BEST EVER. New owners are really putting it all together. Fishing exceeded my dreams for this time of year. If you get the chance take it, it is well worth it.. Already planning for next year.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 16, 2004

Had a fantastic time. All the staff were great! Went fishin and slammed the salmon. Ask for Mike Kalenas for your guide if you want a great fishing exsperiance, he'll put you on the fish. Top notch all the way. I would highly recomend a stay to anyone. This is a trully awesome destination.