“Cute but not comfortable.”

Inn at Creek Street
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This motel is very quaint and impeccably clean. No elevator and steep stairs. Like a page out of the old west the room had an early 20th century motif. He staff was friendly although not very efficient. The problem I had was I just could not get comfortable in the room. The furniture consisted of one straight back chair and a wobbly little rolling table as a work desk. There was no air conditioning, which you would think would not be a problem in Ketchikan, but in August the room was hot and the windows had no screens. Being right across from the marina meant lots of bugs flying in. I was there on a business trip and spent a week in this room. I need a place to work on my laptop, and although they had decent internet access, it was an uncomfortable workspace. If you were spending one, maybe two nights on vacation this would be a cute place to stay, but was not comfortable for me.

Room Tip: Since there was no air-conditioning, the corner room gave me two windows and a good pass through bre...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David G

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in May 2012, waiting for an Innerseas cruise to Juneau. This hotel made it a pleasure. We stayed in a Star suite at the Inn, not the Hotel. That meant we stayed in a room over one of the many small shops on Creek Street. It was wonderful! Mini bar, microvave and small frig, as well as, a comfortable bed and a fantastic bathroom with shower. I would definately stay there again. Right in the middle of the tourist district, yet removed enough so you could just sit by the window and watch the world go by. The staff bent over backwards to make sure everything was OK, and the pub attached to the Hotel had some of the best food we have ever eaten.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in a family room for 4. The accommodation was a pleasant surprise - rather than be on the noisy street where the main hotel is, our room was a short walk down the Creek St broad walk. We were able to sit on the covered deck outside overlooking the stream, and the room itself had a loft upstairs with one bed, with the second bed on the main floor. There was a well equipped kitchenette with microwave, electric portable stove top and a large fridge. The whole setting was quite un-hotel like but very pleasant and spacious.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in the "star room" which is down creek street in a separate property. The other rooms on the floor (2) were rented out to artist galleries, so it was quiet at night. The inn has properties all over Creek street, so there's a good chance you'll stay in a unique room. The room itself was clean, comfortable and had a wonderfully large bathroom. The hotel is in the middle of town and close to everything. I'd be surprised if there was anywhere better to stay in Ketchikan. The staff was friendly, but rarely at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBD85
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in the hotel rooms and the Harborview. They were one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The Harborview room has a great view and easy walking distance to boat docks, shopping and eating. It did get a little noisy with a main street outside but was taken care of with one of the fans in the room.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to embarking on a small ship cruise. The room was comfortable and clean. They picked us up at the airport (in pounding rain) and the staff was very helpful. A piece of luggage was damaged somewhere during the flight and they tried to help us effect a repair as this was the very beginning of our trip. The manager transported our bags to the cruise embarkation meeting site the next day while we toured around town. This is an old hotel and there is no elevator. If that is a problem, then this is not the place for you. The hotel is located on the waterfront on a pretty busy street. It is not the quietest place we've ever stayed, but we were not bothered by the traffic noise (perhaps because it was raining so hard!). We would certainly use this hotel again if we were in Ketchikan.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent two nights at the New York Hotel and it was pretty good, although it felt more like a bed and breakfast than anything...just without the breakfast part.

It does sit right on the main street through town so you do get to hear a lot of traffic going by. Thankfully, I sleep like the dead and it didn't bother me.

If I'm ever in Ketchikan again, I will consider staying at the New York Hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business