“Wonderful Tour, Excellent Guide”
Review of Wild Wolf Tours

Wild Wolf Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer 2 Hour, 3 Hour and Private Custom Tours in small groups of 11 guests or less in beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska. Enjoy our eco tour including nature walk and hiking expeditions in the lush rainforest. Venture out among the giant Sitka Spruce, Hemlock and Cedar trees and walk along a cascading creek to a rushing waterfall on trails in the Tongass National Forest. Escape from the crowds, breathe fresh air, and enjoy the natural beauty of our nations largest national forest. Next journey to a Totem Park, where you will see magnificent Totem Poles and a Clan House. Your local native guide will share their heritage and stories about the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian Alaska Native people. This is a family friendly tour - ask about our scavenger hunt or try geocaching. We strive to provide a quality personal experience. Our tours include pick up at cruise ship dock, bottled water and Alaska style snack.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My mom, mother-in-law and I did the 2 hour hike and totem park tour last week with Tracy from Wild Wolf Tours. We all thought it was great! The time we spent with her was excellent and well worth the price of the guided hike / tour. We came to Ketchikan on a cruise ship and the excursions the ship offered didn't appeal to us and we wanted to experience more of Ketchikan than the port shops so I did a little googling and came across Tracy's tours. I'm so glad I did. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

The hike was very easy, more of a nature walk, which was good for my mom who is 74, and Tracy was very easy going about sharing her knowledge of the forest, trees and animals, and the history of Ketchikan (without making you feel like you were on a "tour") as well as what local life is there.

After about thirty minutes or so and a delicious snack of salmon dip and native "popcorn" we went to the Totem Park where Tracy really made the carvings and the art come alive. I had no idea what they were for and learned quite a bit. To cap it off she pulled over to the side of the road so we could get some pictures of eagles and dropped us off back downtown so we could explore a bit of Creek Street before heading back to the ship.

Highly recommended!

3  Thank RileyJ

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I were on a soutbound cruise and visiting Ketchikan for the 1st time decided we wanted to know more about natives and their culture as well as the rainforest and totems. Because of this and tripadvisor recommendations we decided to try Wild Wold Tours and had a great time with Tracy!!!

We had the noon 2 hours tour. Tracy was on time and right out of the pier exit of our ship. After little introductions we drove up the mountain and walk thru the forest on a very easy and well maintained trial. It was only a 45 minute walk round trip. I think a little short for us being on our earliy 30´s but probably enough for older people or not in good shape but interested on the rainforest. Despite being a short walk it was beautiful and Tracy was super informative. She being a native and interested on nature and history is a very knowledgeable person.

We even saw blueberries and had some, they were great!!!! Then she took us over the Totem park where she described in detail everything about each totem we saw.

In the way back to town we stop at a eagle´s nest. It was sunny and had a great time. She dropped us on downtown are natevi local shop she recommended.

Definetely recommend Tracy and her Wild Wolf tours. It was a pleasure meeting her!!!!! Thank you Tracy!! Look forward to see you in our next trip!!!

1  Thank saldivar33
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We did the 3 hour Rainforest Hike and Totem Park tour. Tracy is an excellent guide and, as a local, she's passionate and knowledgeable about the area. Tracy picked us up right in front of our cruise boat and drove us to Tongass National Forest (with lots of great information along the way). She led us on a nice hike and also had some samples to share, such as a salve made from a plant we encountered on the trail and a snack of local delicacies (salmon and seaweed). We also looked for a geocache, which was fun (Tracy will bring her trail GPS if you let her know ahead of time that you want to do some geocaching).

Tracy was well prepared and even had umbreallas in the van (fortunately we didn't need them!) and water bottles. You can tell Tracy is very organized and every detail of the tour is well thought out.

The part of Tongass National Forest in Ketchikan is really cool and unique. Later in our trip (at a different port) we also hiked a bit of the Tongass at Galcier Point near Haines/Skagway which wasn't as interesting (from a foliage perspective). I'm guessing it's because Ketchikan gets more rain and the forest is more lush.

After the hike, we went to Totem Bright State Park. Tracy had lots of information and stories about each totem pole. There's also great scenery there by the water. Afterwards Tracy dropped us back off in downtown Ketchikan, right on time. I would highly recommend one of her tours--a great introduction to Ketchikan and a fun excursion!

1  Thank PiperNYC
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having never been to Ketchikan, Alaska, before I wanted to get into and see the Rainforest. We arrived in Ketchikan via cruise ship; however, I didn't find what I was looking for in the shore excursions offered. Two days before we sailed I found Wild Wolf Tours, LLC online and it had just what I was looking for.

Tracy was our guide - she's recently started Wild Wolf Tours and has a bright future. She has a minimum of two people and a maximum of ten (we had three). Wild Wolf Tours offers a two-hour as well as a couple of three-hour tours. We chose the "easier" three-hour tour. So, we got to hike the Lunch Creek Trail in the Tongass National Forest. Tracy picked us up at the cruise ship dock and literally drove us to the End of the Road where the trail begins. The trail was very well maintained, there are steps to help with inclines and declines. She allowed us to go at our own pace. While walking she shared that she's 1/2 Tsimshian (I doubt I spelled it right) one of the three native peoples of Ketchikan. She then shared that she's part of the wolf clan (hence the name) and when we returned from the hike she showed us a couple of items made by wolf clan members (these were NOT for sale just for show) though she did have website information for those interested.

When we finished our smoked salmon and crackers with water snack, she proceeded to take us to Totem Bight State Park. I found that her wolf clan lineage made that park more relatable and quite fascinating. Then she helped us spot an eagle nest and bald eagles on our way back to town. She dropped us off at a place of our choosing (Creek Street) so we could do some more exploring on our own.

One of the gals that came along was hard of hearing so she particularly enjoyed the "smallness" of the group since large groups make it even more difficult to hear commentary, etc. Plus, she was able to chat with Tracy one-on-one with lots of questions and Tracy was able to spend the time answering her questions without twenty other people asking questions as well.

1  Thank crwgiggles
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Flew in to Ketchikan in June, wanted to do something different than what the masses do. Someone told me about Wild Wolf Tours so I thought that I would take a chance. I was so glad that I did. Tracy was so knowledgeable about the area. Got to see things that only the locals would know about. Got into the rainforest, it is just beautiful, hard to explain. You need to experience it for yourself. A must do in Ketchikan, Alaska.