“The Mermaids are good and sweet.”
Review of Sweet Mermaids

Sweet Mermaids
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Seasonal business.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We ate breakfast and an afternoon snack at Sweet Mermaids. My wife had the Breakfast Burrito and I had Oats for breakfast. The burrito was big enough for two and very good. The oats were served with 1/2 a bagel and fruit. They made fresh iced tea for my wife and I had a latte. The service was good and served with a smile and friendly attitude. We stopped later for carrot cake, it was delicious. The same friendly service was there later in the day. The owners stopped and visited on both our visits, we felt quite welcome.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Small coffee shop with limited seating inside, but the breakfast burritos were excellent. Pastries also available.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were referred here by the visitors center and she was so right. Lovely ambience, friendly staff, great coffee and food! The owner stopped by and chatted with us--you can see the passion she has for the business.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

After reading the reviews I thought I would check this place out. I went in to grab breakfast and left with only a smoothie. I was going to try the breakfast burrito but there was a 15 min wait. Not a huge problem, but there is only about 5 tables and they were full. I then asked for a bagel instead and that was even going to be 10 min. So I grabbed a smoothie and left. The smoothie is also only average. Ive had better.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The mermaids at Sweet Mermaids go out of their way to create a warm, and welcoming atmosphere and are incredibly kind and hospitable to each person who walks through their doors, and the sweets and food are tremendous!!

To speak to the comment from mamafrenley, when people come in for a cup of coffee and stay hours to use the internet, they make it impossible for those who want to come for lunch to get a place to sit down. I'm sure that they didn't mean to leave you with the impression that they were asking you to leave, however, it was probably a culmination of dealing with all the people who abuse the service. Many people are there trying to soak up the free WiFi, while drinking a $1 cup of drip coffee. These Mermaids are trying to make a living!! In a very small location with only 6 tables, space is a valuable commodity. Check your email while eating lunch, fine, but be considerate of others. Crew members congregate outside of the shop (8 were standing up against the wall today as I walked by) which gives the appearance that the wait for service would be long and that locals probably don't have time to stop for a bite. This is not the case.

As a resident of this community who works in the downtown area and is in the shop 4-5 times a week, I would like to see this business succeed and thrive. The local owners work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day, for 5 months straight. Let's show em a little love! <3

1  Thank KetchikanLady