“Best Coffee”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Seasonal business.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Best coffee in town, excellent lunch, extremely friendly people. Internet free zone. This is where the locals go to have lunch.

1  Thank lummerzheim

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I heard about Sweet Mermaids before I even arrived in Alaska. Two friends who stopped in Ketchikan during their cruises said I needed to stop at Sweet Mermaids and that I'd feel immediately at home in Ketchikan. I am so glad I listened! I had a delicious breakfast burrito (flour tortilla, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, cheese; they come in two sizes) and my husband had a sesame bagel with cream cheese. The food was great and the general atmosphere in the shop added to it. The ladies baking in the back were friendly and chatted me up while I waited for my order. This is definitely a nice place for a cup of coffee or espresso and to sit and read the paper, or relax and enjoy some conversation. The bakery options all looked absolutely amazing, and I will be back to try each! They had fresh apple cake and Hawaiian banana bread...the smell was intoxicating. There were several lunch options as well and soups of the day (French Onion Soup and Chili today). This is a great place for breakfast, lunch, or coffee!

1  Thank HappilyHitched
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in because the Gilmore Hotel, where we were staying, had only a continental breakfast, The tourist season was winding down. We had the bagel and lox, fresh, with a lovely presentation and a toothpick of fruit chunks as a bonus. The coffee and tea were great, all while reading the weekend edition of the local paper.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We tired Sweet Mermaids because the breakfast at the Gilmore Hotel next door was wanting. We were rewarded with a selection of great pastries and well made lattes. Try the Bob Marley frappe for a blast of the tropics in Alaska

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sweet Mermaids is a quaint little shop on the main street in Ketchikan, a small town in a big state. I came here for the first time early summer 2013, and asked the girl behind the counter what was the first thing she would recommend. Smiling she picked up an item that i would soon purchase almost overtime i entered the shop. The oreo truffle. I was hooked. I have sent all my friends and a number visiting tourists. This is one of the best restaurants i ever been in. Rob R.