“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Sweet Mermaids

Sweet Mermaids
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Seasonal business.
Seattle, Washington
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We tired Sweet Mermaids because the breakfast at the Gilmore Hotel next door was wanting. We were rewarded with a selection of great pastries and well made lattes. Try the Bob Marley frappe for a blast of the tropics in Alaska

• Visited August 2013

“Little stop in a big state”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sweet Mermaids is a quaint little shop on the main street in Ketchikan, a small town in a big state. I came here for the first time early summer 2013, and asked the girl behind the counter what was the first thing she would recommend. Smiling she picked up an item that i would soon purchase almost overtime i entered the shop. The oreo truffle. I was hooked. I have sent all my friends and a number visiting tourists. This is one of the best restaurants i ever been in. Rob R.

Portland, Oregon
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Sweet Mermaids is the best. Their breakfast burritos are delicious and filling, their pastry case is always full of some new delectable creation, and the ladies are warm and welcoming. Even though we were only in town for three days it felt like we'd been coming for years. I already miss it. We didn't have enough time to taste the whole menu! If you're in Ketchikan, this is the place to go.

Ketchikan, Alaska
“Amazing sweets”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just died and went to heaven with the blueberry cheesecake ! Service is great and people are awesome !!!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Perfect spot for a delicious bite. Breakfast or lunch they serve up some amazing food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I spent a week in Ketchikan and visited Sweet Mermaids on the first day and every day after....I just couldn't get enough. These ladies serve some amazing food, sandwiches, homemade soups, breakfast burritos. The menu is huge, everything is creative and tasty and the service was amazing. They were glad to see me, and remembered my name. It is a great place to stop if you are getting off a cruise ship or staying in town. Going for a bike ride or a hike? Have them wrap a bagel sandwich to take on your adventure. Some of my favorites this week: lox and bagel sandwich, Mermaid breakfast burrito with egg, cheese, hash browns inside and a side of salsa and hot sauce if you so desire. I had the best jalapeno bagel with pesto spread and a slice of tomato on top...it was toasted and simply amazing combination of flavors. You must check this place out....Sweet Mermaids is on the main drag across from the cruise ships. They are open early until late afternoon.....go.....just go. You will be glad you did.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Sweet Mermaids? Share your experiences!