“New Manager, New Menu, For the better”
Review of Cape Fox Lodge

Cape Fox Lodge
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The lodge has a full service dining room/lounge that we visited.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The Cape Fox restaurant has a new food and beverage manager, and it's made a BIG difference. Dishes are a little more creative, the prices are better, and so far things have been more consistent. The view's always been great and remains so.

They have some good seafood such as a grilled salmon sandwich, fish and chips, or local oysters. Wraps, sandwiches, salads, and burgers fill out the menu. It's not blow-your-mind food, but good. Think a an upscaled Applebee's with good seafood added. Cape Fox and the newly re-launched New York Cafe are without question the best sit-down places in the downtown area of Ketchikan.

Service remains spotty, but that is a common issue just about everywhere in Ketchikan. Hopefully the waitstaff continues to improve and become better trained as the summer season goes on.

Donna F, Manager at Cape Fox Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your positive and encouraging review. We are always striving to improve for our guests. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I debated the excellent rating--comparing cuisine in many places with the restaurants in New Orleans I decided is unfair. We had a fine Sunday brunch here with a large group, and the kitchen and wait staff did admirably. I enjoyed local seafood and a glass of dry white wine. The lodge itself has interesting exhibits of local culture in its public areas. Visitors here should not miss this restaurant--nor should the locals.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your experience here with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

As a local today I decided to have breakfast... First had to wait for a table because the table that were empty they still dirty from the last person had left... The waitress that took my order she took upon herself make a choice of the complete breakfast to the special.. If I wanted that special I would ask for it not for the waitress to take upon herself that I need to have it.... When she was bringing it turned out to be my breakfast she had to stop and carry in a tray of dirty dishes instead of taking my order to me... I had ask her about it all she can say I had to help out first.... Had to ask for some jam for my toast... When I got my check I had saw that what she did with my order.. All I can she needs to listen to the customer and if needed ask question not to take upon herself to order what she wants... So be aware about ordering with those waiters and waitress because you might get what you didn't order....

I apologize for the lack of customer service you received during your breakfast experience. The feedback you have provided is very important in helping us to pin point areas of improvement. I hope you will give us another chance to WOW you with better service and our delicious food.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Cape Fox Lodge is one of my two favorite places. I stay there every year for business, as well as to visit family and friends, who also there on business. The service in both the guest rooms and the restaurant has been consistently very good, and I plan to return as often as I'm able to. I love the display of Native artifacts and historic photos! The views from both the mountain side of the complex and also from the water side are the best in the whole town! It's an easy stroll to downtown Ketchikan, via the tram. The tram doesn't run all night, so if you miss the last one a long climb up the stairs, or the long way around the back side of the hill are your only options, unless you want to call a taxi.

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and restaurant. The restaurant has under gone a great new menu change, and we look forward to your future visit to experience it.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our tour group stopped her for lunch and everyone was delighted with their food choices. Hubby had halibut tacos, which he devoured. I enjoyed "The Bear"--and artful combination of smoked salmon, red onions, capers, and cream cheese on thin-sliced wheat bread, with a raspberry yogurt dressing on the side. Delish! And--we shared a dessert called the "Banana Dream." wish I had that recipe.