“misty day”

Dining options: Reservations
Nalcrest, Florida
“misty day”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

we had planned to have lunch next door~but they were out of Dungeness crab & that's what we were looking for. crab cracker had them. so we ordered a crab louie & fried shrimp. I wanted the crab lumpia ~ they were out. so disappointed. the salad was a nice size but the crab didn't taste fresh, more like out of a can. the fried shrimp were the frozen kind. all in all an ok lunch.
I felt the service was slow for the type of food they served. the chowder in bread bowl did look good.

• Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Great king crab legs for $39.99 - but meager tools to fight them with - I was attacked - blood was drawn!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place came on the suggestion of our great guide, Tracy, from Wild Wolf Tours - we had to wait about 30 minutes to sit down - there were 4-5 ships at port that day - and we went early about noon - I got the king crab legs - lots of meat - I had to ask, twice for lemon slices, and strangely, they gave a pair of metal squeezers but no blade to get deeper - it became quite the science experiment. Also odd was no cloth or wipe to clean up after my fingers were so messy - I resorted to a squish of left-over lemon and ice water from my drink and my napkin!

But the food was great - nice glass of wine - at $4 - the3 cheapest of the whole trip! The place was busy, nice atmosphere with the mingling of accents and languages - they also had an outdoor seated area - it was sunny but a fierce wind blows right off the sea, so we sat indoors...

The other thing is their bathroom is upstairs - very clean - at the other end of the building...

Overall, i enjoyed our experience and the crab legs were the cheapest from anywhere we went...but expect to wait if you come off a ship and be prepared for your server to go flying past you a few times before you catch their attention...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Yvonne M
Canberra, Australia
“Totally Disappointing”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was totally disappointed by our lunch here. The service was appalling, the wait to get the food (I almost left due to the length of time) and then the chowder was disgusting - the butter/oil was separating in the chowder mixture. My friend's meal was a little better. I was so appalled I left a 13 cent tip - hope they got the message!

• Visited May 2014
Parrottsville
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I ordered 1lb of the Alaska King crab legs. I could barely find any
meat and when I did it was dried up..

• Visited January 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Super Fresh Crab”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I don't eat crab or fish, but my husband said his crab salad was phenomenal! I had the veggie burger that was also delightful. It was a beautiful day so we ate outside right on the docks. The server was so sweet. Casual and enjoyable.

Visited June 2014