“Great time in Ketchikan!”
Review of Salty Sea Charters

Salty Sea Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Join captain Josh with Salty Sea Charters for the Alaskan fishing trip of a lifetime. Located in beautiful Southeast Alaska, experience world class salmon and halibut fishing. Get ready for a fishing adventure you won't forget!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a great time out with Josh on his boat. Not the greatest of planners, we called Ivie just 2 days out from the day we were to arrive in Ketchikan. Josh was scheduled a day off but he gladly took our group out anyway. He met us at our dock and we were on the water within minutes of leaving the cruise ship. We all felt welcome from the start. No one in our group was seasoned fishermen but Josh showed great patience and we caught a lot of fish. In addition, to putting us on the fish, Josh is just a genuinely nice guy and easy to talk to. Fishing with Salty Sea Charters was the highlight of our trip to Alaska. Best of luck to you guys and I hope to fish with you in the future!

Thanks
David

1  Thank David K

Reviewed August 28, 2013

If in Ketchikan this is a must do fishing trip! Captain Josh was awesome. He took our group out on very short notice and on his day off to boot. The fish were biting throuout the trip and we were able to catch our fill. So much fun and will definitely be back again. His wife Ivie also made us the most wonderful homemade cookies. Thanks again Josh and Ivie for making our fishing trip the experience of a lifetime and for the beers at Arctic bar!!

saltyseacharters, Owner at Salty Sea Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi guys, thanks for fishing with us and for the memorable day out on the water. Glad you enjoyed the drinks!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I were taking our grandpa (who LOVES to fish) on an Alaskan Cruise. Our last stop was Ketchikan and we really wanted to take him out fishing. I came across Salty Sea Charters and am SO very thankful I did! Captain Josh met us with a sign (with our name on it) right off the boat and we walked, literally, around the corner and got onto his boat. The skill and expertise we encountered was an experience in itself! Captain Josh knows what he is doing, no doubt. We caught about 20 salmon during our short time on the water and grandpa talked about it the rest of the trip! We had an amazing day. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed August 20, 2013

we just returned from a trip to Ketchikan and had a great experience with Capt. Josh. As seasoned offshore fisherman for the past 40 yrs. I can be hard to please and over critical at times as well. Josh was great with our crew of 6 and had lots of patience for the less skilled. We had no problem getting our limit of Silver salmon and Halibut. My only warning is be careful how much fish you keep, his trips do not include cleaning, vacuum packing and freezing and boxing fish to tale home. The local processing company charges $1.99 per lb of fillets plus 20 dollars per box which adds up fast. We strongly recommend Capt. Josh for your next trip

4  Thank PiierreFalmouth_MA_
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I looked on line for a guide right after I booked my cruise. Found lots of great reviews about Salty Sea Charters. I gave them a call to get the details and talked to Ivy who was very friendly and informative. My main concern was we were only in port for five hours. Ivy said no problem that will be plenty of time. I booked my trip and dreamed about if for months.
They day arrived early in Ketchikan "Aug 15 2013" and I jumped off the boat and the first person holding a big sign with my name on it was Josh! Josh was very friendly and told us all the details on the short walk to the boat. Got to the boat and off we went! Josh took us right to the fish and worked his butt off. We caught lots of fish and I was very happy with our catch. I will also say that his boat is first class! All the other boats you had to stand in the rain. Not on Josh's boat. He has a nice overhang that keeps you dry!
I could go on and on so I will end saying I will be back to fish with Salty Sea Charters!! 1st class guide!!

1  Thank Bigcrappie