“Wonderful experience!”

$248.00*
and up
Ketchikan Floatplane Ride & Crab Feast
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Experience Alaska Tours for a favorite activity of locals - catching crabs! Take a two part journey into our daily life: pulling crab pots and enjoying a fresh Dungeness crab feast. Join our Captain on a short boat ride where the rugged terrain of Alaska is your landscape. Once you've pulled up the crab pots you'll return to the rustic wilderness lodge for a rowdy good time with Alaskan crab, beer, wine and more!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great visit. All employees made the tour fun and exciting. Very good and informative info on the tour. The crabs were delicious!!!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This adventure took us out on a pontoon type boat where I got to bring in a crab pot (Kinda Fun to see how its done) then our guide showed us how to tell if the crab is the right size. After this adventure we went back to the Lodge for our All You Can Eat Crab Feast. This was the best crab I have ever had. The Flavor was very tender and it just melted in your mouth. If you love Crab I would Recommend this adventure.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My dad and I took a float plane to the lodge, while my mom, brother and sister-in-law completed the wilderness exploration portion. The float plane/meal experience was definitely one of the highlights of my cruise. Views of Ketchikan and it's surrounding communities were breathtaking. The flight was well-done with recorded narration that explained everything we were experiencing. But the meal at the lodge... whoa. I only wish I had a bottomless pit for a stomach because I didn't want to stop eating the fresh crab. Every food and beverage that was placed in front of me was even better than the last. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this excursion.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The trip to the launch point is about 20-25 minutes from the pier. Boarding the boat, you are greeted by the captain of the boat and a tour guide. Heading out you will hear of the history of the area and will likely see wildlife such as eagles. Arriving at the crabbing location, a couple of volunteers will be asked to pull up the crab pot. I pulled one up. It required a moderate effort. Once the pot is on board, you will receive a very educational presentation about the crabs, and will hold them. It is then back to the lodge where you will eat as much Dungeness crab as you can eat and a glass of beer to wash it down. This all followed by a beautiful piece of blueberry cheesecake.
This was a highlight of our trip!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was by far one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had!! We started out with a half hour bus ride to our destination. At the lodge we were put onto a boat. Sara was our tour guide and she was nothing short of awesome and informative! She told us about the different sites we passed and kept it entertaining. We passed an eagles nest as well and got to see some great eagle action! Then we stopped the boat and she had us pull up the crab pots! She took them out and let us hold the live crabs!! Finally we made our way back to the lodge to eat. We had a delicious salad to start with. (They have the salad dressing recipe on their website!) One of the servers, Peter, got us all pumped up for the crab, announcing it like it was a boxing match! They then showed us how to get into the crab and brought it out! After that, the crab just wouldn't stop coming! We ate and ate and ATE! Piling our shells in the middle of the table, we competed with the other tables to win the Grand Prize (I can't tell you what it is, but you DO want to win!!) Finally, when you think you can't be more amazed, delicious blueberry cheesecake comes out to finish you off. The food was excellent, and the staff was the most friendly entertaining bunch on our whole cruise!! GO GET YOURSELF SOME CRABS!!!!

Been to Experience Alaska Tours? Share your experiences!