“Be crabby for a day!”

$180.30*
and up
Alaskan Lodge Adventure & Seafeast
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Experience Alaska Tours for a favorite activity of locals - catching crabs! Take a two part journey into our daily life: pulling crab pots and enjoying a fresh Dungeness crab feast. Join our Captain on a short boat ride where the rugged terrain of Alaska is your landscape. Once you've pulled up the crab pots you'll return to the rustic wilderness lodge for a rowdy good time with Alaskan crab, beer, wine and more!
Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a wonderful excursion -- from the bus (thanks Rusden and Estella)--to the lodge--to our boat exploration---to the pulling up of the crab pots--to the actual hot steaming crab. Narratives by Nicholas and skillful piloting by Captain Sinky about the area and about crabs were extremely well done. No, Nicholas, I DID NOT want to hold the crab, but the pics taken by family show many smiles. And thanks to him, I DID NOT kiss the crab. Offered my cheek, but he preferred to kiss the crab:-( We were truly blessed with rain-less weather which made the bald eagles in the trees and the scenery really pop. The delicious hot crab at the lodge is plentiful. (Chicken and vegetarian meals can also be substituted for crab.) A mixup with NCL was resolved thanks to Candi Scudero and staff at "Experience Alaska Tours". Our family eventually rolled/waddled back up the steps to the bus back to NCL Pearl (July 19, 2013).

1  Thank russellvilleaz

Reviewed July 27, 2013

First we went on a boat ride and saw Dungeness crabs being pulled up in their trap and learned about them. The captain and his helper were informative and it was a nice ride, BUT the best thing was the delicious food in the cabin-like restaurant.. It's all-you-can-it crab and they kept bringing them out. I LOVE eating all types of crab, but these crabs were full of meat and DELICIOUS! The blueberry cheesecake is the best cheesecake I ever tasted. The servers were all happy and made us feel right at home. It was a WONDERFUL day! If you like crab, don't miss this excursion!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was FABULOUS! I enjoyed every minute from the coach ride to the crab feast. We chose the smaller boat with Nick and Captain Sinky. Nick was fun and got everyone involved, including myself! He had me pulling in the crab pot, holding the crab and I even kissed the crab! The overall experience was great! The Dungeness crab was truly awesome, I will never have snow crab again. Eat as much as you can in 1 hour because you'll wish you had more time!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband & I did this tour, the weather was not the best, but you are in Alaska. I was born & raised on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland & have eaten crab all my life. Now living in Florida we still enjoy crab every Friday night, & we always have plenty to go around. Well I am hear to say that for the first time in my life I called UNCLE, I simply could not eat anymore. The crab just kept coming out of the kitchen. As for the tour, is was awesome & informative. The only negative was a positive, the 79 steps. I have a bad foot and can not go down steps well, my husband & I were taken down to the boat in a van & returned to the bus when finished. Thank you so much for turning a rainy day into a bright & sunny feast. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

These folks were so friendly , informative , and the best hosts you will ever have ! Took us out on a comfortable boat and showed us some great sites , also taught us how to catch crabs....then we went back to the Inn for some major crab eatin' ......soooo good ! Entertainment was great as well as the service. Topped it off with a huge piece of the best cheesecake I've ever eaten , This was well worth what we paid for it . If we go back to Alaska ....they will be seeing us again ! Loved it !!

Been to Experience Alaska Tours? Share your experiences!