“Awesome Chowder”

Alaska Fish House
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Alaska Fish House is easily Ketchikan's first choice for fresh Alaskan seafood. Visit us at the end of Main Street, just a short walk from the cruise ship docks. Enjoy gourmet seafood dining next to the most historic fishing fleet in Ketchikan. Try a complimentary sample of our delicious smoked salmon corn bread while ordering from our menu featuring alder-grilled salmon, halibut & chips, crab, and our famous smoked salmon chowder. Ship home the same smoked salmon that we feature on our menu.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a few hours in Ketchikan while on a cruise, and a local shopkeeper suggested this place. There was a local fisherman cutting up the salmon while there that he caught that morning and were serving in the restaurant. The chowder soup was the best I have ever tasted (and my sister and brother-in-law and step-sister all agreed). The salmon taco was excellent as well. Tables were a bit dirty, but the food was really excellent. Not much for vegetarians, salad was very ordinary, but I am still thinking about that chowder!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Poorest service imaginable. When we talked to manager problem not resolved. We ordered fish n chips. Our order was missed. We waited and waited. No food. Our party finished eating and we still didnt have our food! We complained to manager and left hungry!! Very unorganized. Open cases of soda along wall...grab your own on way in!! Over salted food. Dirty tables. Uck!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a great little casual fish joint right next to the cruise terminal. I had the salmon tacos and they were delicious.I would say that they were a little on the pricey side but worth it if you a looking for some FRESH seafood!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Buy the grilled salmon sandwich. You won't regret it. It was honestly the best fish I've ever had. Unbelievably fresh and perfectly cooked.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stopped here recently and was craving some fish & chips. I ended up selecting the halibut fish and it was fantastic!! This is a great little casual place with a fun inside and picnic tables outside. My wife had some very tasty fish tacos. If you are looking for a true Alaska experience with some very high quality seafood, this is the place!