“Great place to come!”
Review of Silverking Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ketchikan
Silverking Lodge
“Great place to come!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We came out for 4 days for kings and quilts. Lisa set up our quilting, it was so fun and she was amazing at help us get it put together. She worked hard to make it perfect. Cute goodie bags and the kits for our quilt was perfect! The food was all amazing! Cooked from scratch! Fresh cookies everyday! The rooms are fine, not the best , but everything else more than made up for it. Open the windows and look out! If you go to the kings and quilts make sure your guy gets a "yellow " boat reserved for at least a day. The skiffs are great if you don't want to use down riggers or care if you get wet. I highly recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dianawhite

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I just spent 6 days in Denali National Park and it was wonderful but then we went down to Ketchikan and met Kinney, our tour guide her grandfather and grandmother. The water trip to their Silverking Lodge was spectacular and the accommodations were great understanding how secluded the lodge is. We watched other fishermen bring boat loads of salmon in before lunch. It seemed the fish were jumping out of the water. My wife and I didn't want to leave but we had to get back to Vancouver. This is family run and it can't get much nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Concord, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first trip to Alaska. We had scheduled this to be a family trip and had done a lot of research on where to go and the SIlverking Lodge is what keep popping up as the best place to go. The Silverking Lodge was amazing. The staff was great. They took care of everything. When we arrived, they had arranged for a great transport from the airport to the lodge by float plane. An all new experience for me. I enjoyed the fact that we had private rooms, with hot showers and that they were cleaned everyday. Meals were hot and fresh, and tasted excellent. Could not have asked for better. They supplied us with all of the gear that we need for fishing. They supplied us with directions to the areas to fish and how to fish that area. As soon as we got back from fishing the crew was right there to clean out catch for us. That was a nice thing. They even took care of setting up our Chartered fishing trip. Bald Eagles are like pigeons, they are everywhere. We were able to observe a pod of Orcas and numerous whales, super exciting.

The only problem that I had was I don't think my family and I got all of the fish that we caught. Between myself and my other family members, we caught 10 halibut. However we only brought home about 1 halibut worth of fish filets. Same with our King Salmon that we caught. I did not get any of the Ling Cod that we caught and neither did the other family members.

I would keep a list or tally of what fish was brought in both weight and species. So that at the end of the week you know how much meat you will have to take home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank C E
Idaho Falls
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family and I have been going to the SilverKing lodge for over 20 years. Somehow Kirk and Pam Thomas(and now all the kids) have managed to keep this fishing/family retreat as special as it was many years ago. Yes---they have remodeled and upgraded over the years to make it even more comfortable and relaxing. This place is a true vacation----leave it all at home--getaway! The food, the staff, the scenery, whale watching, the eagles, the ocean.......oh....and you can even go fishing if you would like!!
Try it once and then spend the rest of your life going home to Alaska------

Room Tip: Can be a little noisy in the front rooms in the morning with all the traffic to be out at first ligh...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike P
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

How in the world did I end up spending my vacation at a fishing lodge on a small island off Ketchikan, Alaska? Well, the answer to that has many ebbs and flows of constant research and decision making when it came to where I wanted to spend my vacation....so i won't bore you with all of that. The fact is....I like to eat Alaskan seafood and I love Alaska. So it was decided that we try the Silverking Lodge. This lodge is located on Grant Island which is a short distance away from Revellagigedo Island (where Ketchikan is located). There is nothing else on the island besides the lodge, rainforest, and some deer. The fact that it is on its own island makes the lodge and the whole experience even more intriguing and adventurous. The lodge has a very big and beautiful deck in the front for people to lounge around in the evenings and admire the scenery. The rooms are very comfortable. Beds and bathrooms quite adequate. The food was great- 3 meals a day were served and a constant sandwich bar was provided if someone had the munchies in between. Also, there were delicious cookies and other snacks provided - what a treat. The fishing!- well, it definitely is a fishing lodge.....so you better get out there! Skiffs are provided with your stay - they are quite adequate - we took the skiff out everyday and caught plenty of fish. You can also rent the "yellow" boats for an extra amount if you have more people- that would allow you to go out a little further. The lodge provides the tackle and rods and gives some information on how to catch the fish. They also provide raingear if needed - which is probably at some point on your trip. We zipped around and trolled around on the skiff, caught lots of salmon and rock fish, saw lots of bald eagles, enjoyed the beautiful scenery.....and....yes, saw whales!...Lots of whales were going through....we saw them a couple of days fishing, then saw them passing by the lodge. What a beautiful sight. The whole experience was amazing....looking around at the beauty ....the ocean, islands, the rainforest.....then the fishing.....bringing home plenty of fish from Alaska makes everyone jealous. Make sure you walk back on the boardwalk into the rainforest....it's a treat.....look for blueberries and ......... It seems that there are many people that come back to silverking year after year......why? because they immensely enjoy it.......it's a way to get away from everything and fish in a pristine beautiful place......try it!

Room Tip: all rooms are great.....no worries there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kat B
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

What a beautiful paradise. Great fishing, unbelievable beauty, the lodge is geougeous. Excellent Food,,service accommodations and fishing. Special kudos to Michael Briggs for making this Excellent vacation come true. What a great representative of the great service this company provides.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keith B
Frederick, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our group was smaller this year than in previous years but we still enjoyed all of it. Lodge is great, the boys on the dock are extremely helpful and do a wonderful job of filleting our fish. Plan on returning again next year. Can't say enough about the food and accomodations. Kudos to Lynn and the girls!

Room Tip: all the rooms are extremely quiet, small but adequate as you never spend much time in them anyway...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends