Review Highlights
Great overview of region

This was the first excursion we did in Alaska and I thought it was a great way to start our Alaska... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Operationhappytravel
Redondo Beach, California
Fabulous Experience

Booked through Holland America and well worth it. Our pilot, Larry, went out of his way to put a... read more

Reviewed October 10, 2018
mandkburles
London, United Kingdom

All reviews float plane neets bay misty fjords bear watch water landing great flight dehavilland beaver george inlet lodge safety briefing crab feast window seat great pilot bear adventure take offs once in a lifetime co pilot seat minute flight
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We chose this tour as part of a cruise excursion, KE21 Misty Fjords Sightseeing, run by Taquan Air. The excursion was well run, the bus transfer from the pier, the prep for the plane ride. The pilot introduced himself and got us situated into the plane by size and weight. Everyone had a window seat and the seat belts were long enough to accommodate pretty much everyone. There was enough air flow in the cabin that it was not stuffy for those that may get airsick. The take-off was right on the water by the ships and we flew right over downtown Ketchikan to the bogs and fjords. We saw bald eagles flying and landing in their nests. Seeing the land from the air was amazing. The pilot showed us and explained a lot about the area - it was a little hard to hear over the headset sometimes but for the most part it was okay. We landed in a large Fjord and were able to get out of the plane and stand on the float and look around. It was awesome. We loaded back up and flew back. We had great weather there but hit a weather front on the way back so it was a bit rough. The pilot got us through that and safely landed us to the dock. A great trip and recommended!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Bush pilot Mike in his Dehavilland Beaver took us for a 75 minute flight. Lots of great pictures. Please note the plane is not built for comfort. It's accommodating but not luxurious. I experienced nothing to complain about.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did this excursion today on 06/20/2013 and I had a bad experience on this ride which I would like to share especially from the pilot of of our float plane. First of all he tried to accommodate 6 people on the plane and I was asked to sit all the way in the back where there was no cushion for your back. My back is still hurting. Taquan air says guaranteed window seats but they do not tell you that their back seats do not have cushions on it. The reason I did not create a fuss on the spot was because that was the last tour and my ship was leaving in 1 hour and there was no other tour available so us it as an advice and if you book it through Taquan air make sure to ask at the counter that they are not asking you to sit in the back. I forgot the name of the pilot but he was the oldest pilot in their team and it was my bad luck that I had to fly with him.

4  Thank TrustedCritique
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you had to pick one thing to experience while in Ketchikan Alaska you must see the Misty Fjords by float plane! Taquan Air is the place. A warm welcome and big smile will welcome you at the docks. A quick drive thru town brings you to the float plane docks. As you enter the facility the office staff was welcoming, friendly and organized (no waiting!). Brentwood was our pilot we felt at ease and safe immediately with his experience. He had a quick wit and his knowledge of the area was appreciated. Landing on the pristine lake was breathtaking, we didn't even feel the touch down on the water it was that smooth! This experience is at the top of our travels list, a spectacular well spent couple of hours!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a great trip with Taquan air. Our pilot was safe and showed us the wonderful beauty of the Misty Fjords. Would do again, flight was safe but we did get queasy (forewarning) just from what it is. What a great experience. Great pictures fun took our kids would highly recommend. People at Taquan were nice kind and safe