“Great way to see the misty fjords”
Review of Taquan Air Tours

$269.00*
and up
Ketchikan Shore Excursion: Misty Fjords National Monument Floatplane Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Misty Fjords National Monument Flightseeing, Alaska Bear Viewing and Flightseeing, Glacier Fjords Flightseeing, and Scheduled Flight Service to 18 different Southeast Alaska communities.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Bush pilot Mike in his Dehavilland Beaver took us for a 75 minute flight. Lots of great pictures. Please note the plane is not built for comfort. It's accommodating but not luxurious. I experienced nothing to complain about.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did this excursion today on 06/20/2013 and I had a bad experience on this ride which I would like to share especially from the pilot of of our float plane. First of all he tried to accommodate 6 people on the plane and I was asked to sit all the way in the back where there was no cushion for your back. My back is still hurting. Taquan air says guaranteed window seats but they do not tell you that their back seats do not have cushions on it. The reason I did not create a fuss on the spot was because that was the last tour and my ship was leaving in 1 hour and there was no other tour available so us it as an advice and if you book it through Taquan air make sure to ask at the counter that they are not asking you to sit in the back. I forgot the name of the pilot but he was the oldest pilot in their team and it was my bad luck that I had to fly with him.

4  Thank TrustedCritique
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you had to pick one thing to experience while in Ketchikan Alaska you must see the Misty Fjords by float plane! Taquan Air is the place. A warm welcome and big smile will welcome you at the docks. A quick drive thru town brings you to the float plane docks. As you enter the facility the office staff was welcoming, friendly and organized (no waiting!). Brentwood was our pilot we felt at ease and safe immediately with his experience. He had a quick wit and his knowledge of the area was appreciated. Landing on the pristine lake was breathtaking, we didn't even feel the touch down on the water it was that smooth! This experience is at the top of our travels list, a spectacular well spent couple of hours!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a great trip with Taquan air. Our pilot was safe and showed us the wonderful beauty of the Misty Fjords. Would do again, flight was safe but we did get queasy (forewarning) just from what it is. What a great experience. Great pictures fun took our kids would highly recommend. People at Taquan were nice kind and safe

Reviewed May 12, 2013

100% worth it. The Fjords were amazing and I really enjoyed the landing on the lake. I was afraid the fog would hinder the experience, but only made the photos even more mystical and Alaskan.