“Majestic view from above” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.

Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.
Ranked #5 of 13 Nature & Parks in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc. is Ketchikan, Alaska’s premier seaplane company providing tours to the Misty Fjords National Monument! Our fleet of executive class DeHavilland seaplanes has large panoramic windows that give you an eagle’s eye view of the endless landscapes below and spectacular photo opportunities. See massive vertical rock formations, snowcapped peaks 3,000 to 6,000 feet high and cascading waterfalls reaching into deep freshwater lakes and saltwater fjords. With a perfect safety record and highly experienced pilots, Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc. is the number one choice for first class tours in Southeast Alaska.
Sugar Land, Texas
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Majestic view from above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We took 1.5 hrs flight by a sea plane over fjords. Mostly the sky was clear with some clouds and light rain. It was beautiful. the pilot stop over a calm lake-like area and we had pictures taken outside the plane with scenic background of mountains and forest trees. The flight had been mostly smooth despite being a little bit bumpy from some sudden wind blows and air pockets by the experienced pilot who appeared to know well about the area. If there are air turbulence, strong winds, heavy rain, fog mostly cloudiness it would not be the time to take the trip. Not recommended for persons prone to motion sickness and claustrophobia.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank scenic2010

Branson West, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nothing to be scared of”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ketchikan was our first port on our Alaskan cruise. My husband really wanted to do a seaplane tour of some kind. After much searching on the internet, I called this company, and I was so glad I did. They were extremely helpful and kind. I told them I was a little anxious about doing this, but they put me at ease. But of course, once I got there, my anxiety returned. But they were so very helpful, and it was a piece of cake. I am a large gal, and I was worried about getting in and out of the plane without falling in the water, but this was easy. (They also did not charge extra because of my size, as other companies do). The take off and landing were smooth as can be. If you weren't looking out the window, you wouldn't have even noticed we were taking off or landing. Everyone was given headphones with a microphone, so we could all hear the pilot, and could ask questions and hear everyones comments, etc; The pilot was great. He knew so much about the area, and was nice and talkative, and a great pilot. I am so glad my husband talked me into this, as it was one of the highlights of our trips. The scenery is breathtaking,

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Debbie S
Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

From booking to final landing we had a great experience with Misty Fjords Air. Flying is not my favorite activity and I was a bit nervous, however, the breathtaking scenery and professionalism far outweighed my fears. Ketchikan was our first stop on an Alaskan cruise this past July. This tour was a fantastic way to begin our trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jcpatmom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My sister took our first trip to Alaska in June, we researched each of the ports we would be in and were drawn to the reviews of Misty Fjords. My sister tends to be claustrophobic so we were a little apprehensive about being in a small plane but we did not need to worry. Everything from booking the tour to transportation to and from our cruise ship pier was smooth. The plane was beautiful, easy to get in and out of, and the headphones kept the noise level down (only downside was a child in the other group accompanying us who babbled for much of the beginning of the trip until his mom stopped him). We had a crystal clear day- our pilot was so excited and kept commenting that we were able to go much higher than he was usually able to go-his excitement was contagious. We saw waterfalls and mountain goats! The take offs and landings were so smooth- better than on any regular size plane I have been on. The Tongess National Forest is a gorgeous place and really needs to be seen from the air to be able to fully appreciated. Flying with Misty Fjord was a highlight of our trip- highly recommended if you are visiting Ketchikan.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Pedidoc123
Kingscliff, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The lake looked small and narrow - the most scenic float plane flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked our Misty Fjords Air flight on the net. So easy and professional all the info required. The flight was comfortable, viewing easy, noise cancelling headphones a plus. The views were spectacular and the visit to the peace and tranquillity of the lake awesome. A highlight for us highly recommended.

Visited August 2013