“The best Snorkle Event you will have.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Snorkel Alaska

Snorkel Alaska
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkel Alaska operates the Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure in Ketchikan, Alaska. The tour is an all inclusive Shore Excursion offered by all major cruise lines visiting Alaska. Everything need to snorkel safely and comfortably is provided from state of the equipment, transportation and PADI Professional Divemasters and SCUBA Instructors in the water with you. Opened in 2001 by a former Norwegian Cruise Line Dive In Instructor, rest assured you will be provided the highest level of customer service. Why sit on a bus when you can jump in the water in Alaska!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Port Rowan, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“The best Snorkle Event you will have.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took my 3 teenage boys to Snorkle Alaska. The operation is very professional, the staff were excellent and everything ran as advertised. I hate cruise ship shore excursions but THIS one, I recommend. Pick up at the ship and return. The wet suits fit snug with good reason. The water is cold but not as cold as you would think. Swimming in the kelp was a bucket list experience. My sons had a great time and still talk about 'snorkeling in Alaska'. Should I return to Ketchican, I would do this excursion twice. Forget the diamond and bamboo shirt stores, get into the ocean and swim! I have snorkeled all over the Carribean, but most importantly, I have snorkeled in Alaska!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank MadGuy36
Fred D, Owner at Snorkel Alaska, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review of my tour! I worked on the cruise ships myself in the Shore Excursions Department and strive to offer the best and most unique tour in the state!

Hiawassee, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best Excursion of the Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We found a snorkel excursion offered on our Alaskan cruise, and immediately knew we had to do it...and get teh tee-shirt to prove it. We met our guides in Ketchikan, on a brilliant morning. They had just experienced days of rain and heavy winds, so were seemed very excited for us given the outstanding weather and low tide. We squeezed into the professional dive suits, booties, gloves and hood. You have no worries, if you think you might be cold! We drove a short way to the area where we entered the water. What an outstanding experience! We say multitudes of HUGE starfish in various colors. Having snorkeled in Florida, this was better! There was more to look at. Crab, fish, and jelly fish were all over the place. The three guides with us were knowledgeable about the specimen, and would allow us to hold starfish, sea cucumbers, etc. An hour of snorkeling passed quickly, but that's more swimming than you might typically do, so you're pretty tired. I HIGHLY recommend this excursion if your on a cruise, and you should do it on your own, if your visiting the Ketchikan area on your own.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank fsumtnguy
Fred D, Owner at Snorkel Alaska, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Awesome review! Thanks so much.
vancouver
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Unique and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Yes, you can snorkel in Alaska without getting hypothermia - using a high quality wet suit. Professional instruction - laid back & friendly. This was a fun experience and everyone on the tour finished with a big smile on their face for doing something unexpected. You will not get cold, in fact, I was uncomfortably hot.

Visited September 2012
Florida Keys, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Yes the water is cold...no I was not cold!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went on an Alaskan cruise over the Memorial Day holiday. As we are very fond of snorkeling every where we have the opportunity, we decided what the heck... Might as well give it a shot. Snorkel Alaska had a bus waiting for us when we disembarked from our cruise ship. They took us to their home base where we changed into our wet suits. After eveyone was changed, we boarded the bus for a short 1/2 to 1 mile ride to the snorkel spot. We walked down a narrow path and onto a rocky beach where we put our flippers, masks, and gloves on. You walk right off the beach and into the water. They guide you around the water's edge stopping frequently to show you sea life. We saw many creatures. We were in the water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour before I began to get chilly. The water was 47*F. You only notice the chilly water for about 30 seconds, then your wet suit keeps the warmed water in. My advice is get in, get warm, don't bring your body out of the water until you are leaving. Overall, this is a great company and experience. Would recommend to all snorkelers! Happy travels!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding Snorkel Alaska!

Sydney, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This trip was via a shore excusion on our cruise.The guides made us feel comfortable, with every step of the process being explained. It was more fun than I would have dreamed. We weren't cold at all, and there was lots to see under the water. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Snorkeling in Alaska is truly a bucket list excursion.

Visited July 2012
Fred D, Owner at Snorkel Alaska, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks for coming out with us!