“Great way to see Ketchikan”

Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will meet you at you cruise ship and go to where the bikes are. The best way to get away from the crowded downtown area is on a motorcycle. Go beach combing, visit Ward Lake, Watch eagles and smell the fresh air. Some days the air may be a little wetter then some but, all in all its awesome here.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a guided tour on the Harley Soft tail while we were in port on a cruise. It was an excellent way to see Ketchikan and guide was great! We got to the shop just before 8am and Merri was there to fill out the paperwork, which only took a few minutes and we were taken to the bikes. It was a real hot, sunny day, so we did not require any more gear than what we had brought, except helmets of course.
Our bike was waiting our front for us and we were on our way. We were the only ones on the guided tour which was awesome. First the guide took us back through town and we continued along the main road. We made a few stops along the way, to see the many salmon swimming upstream. The guide was so cool, we liked him a lot. Providing us info about the local scenes and culture. We stopped a group who had rented motorcycles, because he noticed they did not have their helmets on, which is required for the rental. They group asked him where they should go which made us super happy we had the guide with us to show us the highlights in town.
We headed back down the main road the opposite direction, stopping of at a scenic lake. After some time there, we continued back down the main road until we reached the end. We had been having so much fun, we had lost track of time. Given we were running short on time, we did not walk down to the waterfall and proceeded to the final stop, which was a totem pole and gun museum. The guide walked with us and explained all the exhibits thoroughly. We headed back to the shop, arriving with minutes to spare before we had to be a the ship. We had thought the tour was ending at 11:00 am, but we road until noon; the time we were supposed to get on the boat. Of course we weren't complaining; it was a great day out for a ride and the tour was perfect. When we got back to the shop, we dropped off our gear, bought a sweatshirt, and booked it back to the boat (We were told by the Capt. they had left 4 people in Ketchikan the week before and did not want to be next week's statistics). When we were in line, I looked back and noticed our guide on his bike. They road down to make sure we got on the boat with out problems, which was certainly nice of them. This was a great tour, and made Ketchikan my favorite stop in Alaska! Thanks Panhandle Motorcycles!

2  Thank cdlhos
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you had a memorable Tour.
I also am glad you didn't miss your boat, thank goodness there was a line waiting to get on the ship as well.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I used to have a Harley and we miss it! We stepped off the cruise ship and saw the motorcycle rental sign and thought "YES!" Merri and the staff at Panhandle were so helpful about what to see and how to get there. It was a great day - and it was a unique way to see Ketchikan. This is not offered by the cruise line but do not be concerned. The pricing was very reasonable and we could not have been happier with our choice of how to spend the day.

2  Thank caramia636

Thank you for your review. I love renting motorcycles to those who want that unique way to see our Forest. Glad you had a good time

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I reserved a Harley Softail duluxe to tour Ketchikan on our own during our short stop while on an Alaskan cruise. I was able to easily make the reservation in advance since Merri helped me decide which biked would be best for us. When we arrived, the service was quick, friendly and extremely helpful. We really enjoyed riding up to Tongass National Forest and look forward to returning. Merri and her son in law are really great people that made the experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommend using them to rent a bike!

1  Thank Brigid K

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I booked a Harley rental directly with Merri at Panhandle Motorcycles for the afternoon that we were in port during our Alaskan cruise. Merri was fantastic to deal with and everyone in the shop couldn't have been nicer. Although we only had a couple hours, Merri gave us suggestions on places to go. We even managed to get in a little hike to a waterfall and to see the Totem Bight State Park. I can't describe how absolutely wonderful our time in Ketchikan was - great to be away from the cruise ship crowds. All thanks to Panhandle Motorcycles!

1  Thank steeltrip
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for you wonderful review. It can be good to get away from it all especially on a motorcycle. Glad you had a great time.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't often write reviews, but felt obligated to this time. The folks here at Panhandle Motorcycle were awesome! Very nice folks here, made our day stop in Ketchikan worthwhile. My wife and I were blown away with the hospitibility of this place. They rented us they're personal bike and helmet for the day so we were floored. Thanks again, from Connecticut.

2  Thank CTUS1
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

i am so glad that you wrote this review. The bike you rented is our favorite bike to take on the road but it is for rent too. Glad you had a memorial time.