“The sunniest day of our cruise”

Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will meet you at you cruise ship and go to where the bikes are. The best way to get away from the crowded downtown area is on a motorcycle. Go beach combing, visit Ward Lake, Watch eagles and smell the fresh air. Some days the air may be a little wetter then some but, all in all its awesome here.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The sunniest day of our cruise”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I hired a fatboy from PanHandle for what turned out to be the most enjoyable part of our 8 day Alaskan adventure.Rick and Merri were very helpful and welcoming with their knowledge of Ketchikan and of course of Harley-Davidsons.

Visited April 2013
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing our great town with you.

Oakhurst, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Ketchikan on your own!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Rick & Merri were great. We came in on Celebrity Solstice on 5/26/2013. I had stumbled upon their shop via Trip Advisor and we walked off the pier and into their front door. Rick greeted us with a friendly hello in spite of his readying a bike for another customer. We came back when he was finished and rented a Wing for a couple hours of touring. Merri hooked us up with the paperwork and Rick reviewed the bike. For 150.00 plus tax we were on our way with 2 + hours of sightseeing. Gloves,rain gear and helmets all provided and included. Merri gave us sightseeing instruction and tips for lunch and breaks. I would recommend a 3 hour minimum if you want to take photos and explore a bit. Now I just need to get a Victory Vision in your fleet for you to compare the Wing to! Thanks for everything - We appreciated you friendliness and helpfulness:)

Visited May 2013
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure having you rent from us. I love all the pictures you posted.
Chesterfield, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Motorcycle rental in Ketchikan”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This one was not booked through my cruise line. I found them on-line and booked it myself. We were only in port for 6 hours so I was their first customer of the day and Rick and Merri took care of me right away. Weather was cool and rain was forecast so Rick provided me some rain gear to go over my street clothes. I was pleasantly surprised to find he had gear to fit me as I am 6'4 and sometimes fitting can be tough. I was off on a solo ride with a map and some recommended stops from Rick and had very enjoyable ride on the Gold Wing even though the rain did move in later. Our ship was docked at Pier #1 (about the farthest dock from Panhandle as you can get) but I still was able to walk there in 15 minutes. Although the road system does not extend all that far, you can get out of the tourist traps at the docks and see sights away from the crowds. Even though my time on the bike was only about 4 hours I was able to ride to the end of the pavement on the north and south ends plus stops along the way.

1 Thank DukeofHamish
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for you review. It is surprising how much fun you can have and see along with only 50 miles of road. So glad you enjoyed yourself.
San Francisco, California
“Very fun and super friendly owners!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The owners were so nice and helpful and we had a great time on our scooters (we don't have motorcycle licenses). The price was great and we didn't even have to pay for gas. The owners were the nicest people we met in Alaska so far!

Visited May 2013
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am so glad to hear that the people you met in Alaska where friendly.
Scooters are fun too!!
Cambridge, Idaho
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't be a sheeple - Explore Ketchikan from atop a HARLEY!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Rick and Merri are wonderful to work with - very down-to-earth and flexible. Shop is just a short walk from the dock. Paperwork is done quickly. They provide any gear you need and took their bag off the back so we could use our backpack. We were there on a sunny day and it was great! They ask you not to ride the dirt so you can't get the end of the road to the south (about 9 miles to end of pavement - another 4 -4.5 to end of road according to Google) but there is plenty to see. Ward Lake was AWESOME! We rented for 3 hours and put on 75 miles but could have spent more time stopping and seeing things if we would have had the time. I was surprised how quick it seemed to go. Take a patch to swap and check "riding in Alaska" off your list. Bike ran well and although it won't be long before they replace the tires on that particular bike, they were fine for no faster than you "should" go. They provided a map and tips on where to go and not go. They also do guided tours but we didn't choose that option. Military are honored with a discount - THANKS! Very Enjoyable - Highly recommended - Would definitely do it again. God Bless.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you had such a good time. You are our first guest to put that many miles on our bikes. You really did explore the area! Thank you again for the patch, we love it.