“JUST DO IT!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Ketchikan Motorcycle Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will meet you at you cruise ship and go to where the bikes are. The best way to get away from the crowded downtown area is on a motorcycle. Go beach combing, visit Ward Lake, Watch eagles and smell the fresh air. Some days the air may be a little wetter then some but, all in all its awesome here.
Chester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“JUST DO IT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Saw previous reviews on-line before we left for our Alaska Cruise. When we arrived in Ketchikan (on 8/17/2012) the weather was perfect, so I got off the ship as soon as we docked and walked the short 5 minutes to Panhandle. Less than 20 minutes from having walked off the ship, with no previous reservation or contact, I was cruising on a great bike along the Tongass Narrows. While the local area paved roads are limited, the scenery and great curving made-for-motorcycle-riding roads are unbelievable. My 3 girls (girlfriend, her Mom and my Mom) all got about 2 hours each riding with me and they all loved it and we all thought that it was one of the highlights of our trip. In the end, I put around 150 miles total on the bike...it was just FANTASTIC!!!

I rent motorcycles quite a bit and this was, by far, the easiest and best motorcycle rental experience I have ever had. Merri was great and the Harley-Davidson store owner in Juneau (Henry) even recommended Panhandle to us when I asked him about renting a bike either in Juneau or in Ketchikan.

As an aside, bring cash to get the best rate, too.

Bottom line...JUST DO IT!!!

MARK W.

1 Thank valmurphy
Merri L, Manager at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for you review. I remember the kids coming back with the biggest smile on their faces, of course Mom and Dad did too. Thanks for including us in you vacation.

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stepped off the cruise ship, were off within 10 min of entering the store. Coinvenient, Gear was first class, Bike was first class. Great experience

Visited August 2012
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had a good experience.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Great place to rent a Goldwing & explore Ketchikan!!!! Gary B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife & I spotted this motorcycle shop as our cruise shop docked in Ketchikan. As it was a beautiful & sunny day in August & we ride a Goldwing we checked it out. They had a 2006 Gl 1800 Goldwing, & since we had never rode an 1800, Merri gave us a great price for a 2 hour rental. Rode down the coastal highway & had a great ride!!.Came back & since I had never rode a Harley, Rick told me to jump on one & follow him down thru town for a short ride. Now I can say I rode a Harley in Alaska!!! Rick & Merri were so friendly & accommodating!!! If in Ketchikan & you ride a bike, you have to rent one from Rick & Merri as they are great people!!

Visited August 2012
I am so glad you included riding a motorcycle in Ketchikan as part of your vacation and enjoyed the adventure.
Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Easy as could be. See Ketchikan at your pace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I rented from PMA spur of the moment. We were lucky they had a bike for us. We missed the guided tour and just went off on our own. It was great. We ran into people from our ship while they were touring on a bus. We were glad we weren't on the bus and could come and go as we pleased. First time we rented a motorcycle and it couldn't have been easier and it ended up being cheaper than the bus tours. Rick and Merri were very accomodating and easy going. Their bikes and gear are well maintained.

Visited July 2012
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad you had a great ride.
Santa Clarita, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We highly recommend PMA to anyone who rides and has the opportunity to visit Ketchiakn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

While in port (Ketchikan, Alaska) my wife and popped in Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures (PMA). Their showroom & shop was very clean, the people there (who turned out to be the owners – Rick & Merri) were wonderful, and all their equipment was topnotch! That said we opted to rent one of their bikes and ended up having a wonderful time and overall outstanding experience with PMA. Having rented bikes from other shops across the world we both felt PMA (& the GORGEOUS Alaska backdrop) was our favorite thus far! Bottom line we highly recommend PMA to anyone who rides and has the opportunity to visit Ketchiakn.

Visited July 2012
Merri L, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We do our best to make renting a Motorcycle in Ketchikan a truely memorable experience.