“The absolute best way to see Ketchikan (weather permitting)”

Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will meet you at you cruise ship and go to where the bikes are. The best way to get away from the crowded downtown area is on a motorcycle. Go beach combing, visit Ward Lake, Watch eagles and smell the fresh air. Some days the air may be a little wetter then some but, all in all its awesome here.
Saugus, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The absolute best way to see Ketchikan (weather permitting)”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I would highly recommend these guys for renting/riding in Ketchikan.
Great bikes, excellent friendly service, all necessary gear included, very reasonable prices!
Our best excursion on the whole Anchorage to Vancouver cruise!
The best part is that their shop is on the wharf at the cruise ship terminal and there was no need for advance arrangements! We walked off ~ looked at the bikes ~ made the deal ~ and took off for the day.
Oh, be sure to go to the northern end of the road! The trail at the end leads to a beautiful waterfall that was full of salmon heading upstream when we were there in August.

Visited August 2011
panhandlektn, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, September 15, 2011

Lambton Shores
“Enjoyable, But Pricey”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was a morning-only motorcycle tour of the area in and around Ketchican. All riding gear (except boots) were provided, with Sportster being the standard assigned bike. Ketchikan gets a lot of rain, and this tour runs regardless of wet/dry conditions. In our case, the weather cooperated. Our tour guide (Heidi) provided a local resident's perspective on island living in Alaska, local history, wildlife, etc. For me, this was one of the best aspects of the tour. During a short run from each direction out of Ketchican, we came across some eagles, saw salmon running in a local stream, saw totem-related settings, and drove out a winding roadway to an uninhabited forest area. However, given the cost of this tour, I'm not sure that I would make the same tour choice now that I've completed it. The motorcycle experience felt somewhat limited, and there are other less-expensive tours that can get you out to similar or the same interest locations. Overall, a positive experience!

Visited August 2011
Thank you very much for your feed back. We will use you review to improve our business.
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic ride - thoroughly enjoyed.”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

As a veteran biker, I chose this ride from the available options of shore excursions at Ketchikan. What a good choice. The gear, all provided as well as the Harley Sportster bike was in excellent condition. The ride was most enjoyable from start to finish with a good range of fun riding and learning about Ketchikan. Don't be put off by weather. 4 others who should have ridden with me were phased by the early rain and therefore missed a great experience. Carl is an excellent tour leader who knows his town well.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome day trip in Ketchikan”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We traveled on the Celebrity Milenium to Ketchikan on 10 Aug 2011 and rented an 883 Sportster for the day. Was a great experience. Merry was friendly and very helpful. She got us set up with our equipment, listed down a route and places to stop on the way. Getting around is pretty easy. There's basically one road going north to south, except if you turn off for Ward Lake. Would be hard to get lost if you follow her directions. I only wish there was more road to ride on! I put about 60 miles on the bike and returned it about maybe 90 minutes sooner than I needed to. The other option was to do the southern loop again, which we dropped in favor of getting back on board. All in all, this is a highly recommended trip if you have your motorcycle license.

London
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

If I had known the average rainfall of Ketchikan before booking I wouldn't have bothered. And I would have missed the best excursion I've ever done. Every person at Panhandle was really nice, and they gave me a low rider Princess, perfectly suited to a petite person like myself. It was my first time on a Harley, and I'm sold! Heidi, our guide, was fabulous. Easy going, friendly and humorous. We enjoyed a lovely hot coffee and a cookie to revive us half way through and saw the best (and not overly touristy) spots on the island. Nobody tried to sell us anything and the group just enjoyed a great ride and a laugh. Thanks guys, and extra thanks to Heidi!

Visited August 2011
panhandlektn, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thank you for the great review. I too am glad you didn't know about all the rain we get or you would have miss out. Hopefully the next time you are here the sun will be shinning.