“Fantastic ride - thoroughly enjoyed.”

Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will meet you at you cruise ship and go to where the bikes are. The best way to get away from the crowded downtown area is on a motorcycle. Go beach combing, visit Ward Lake, Watch eagles and smell the fresh air. Some days the air may be a little wetter then some but, all in all its awesome here.
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic ride - thoroughly enjoyed.”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

As a veteran biker, I chose this ride from the available options of shore excursions at Ketchikan. What a good choice. The gear, all provided as well as the Harley Sportster bike was in excellent condition. The ride was most enjoyable from start to finish with a good range of fun riding and learning about Ketchikan. Don't be put off by weather. 4 others who should have ridden with me were phased by the early rain and therefore missed a great experience. Carl is an excellent tour leader who knows his town well.

Visited August 2011
panhandlektn, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, September 15, 2011

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome day trip in Ketchikan”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We traveled on the Celebrity Milenium to Ketchikan on 10 Aug 2011 and rented an 883 Sportster for the day. Was a great experience. Merry was friendly and very helpful. She got us set up with our equipment, listed down a route and places to stop on the way. Getting around is pretty easy. There's basically one road going north to south, except if you turn off for Ward Lake. Would be hard to get lost if you follow her directions. I only wish there was more road to ride on! I put about 60 miles on the bike and returned it about maybe 90 minutes sooner than I needed to. The other option was to do the southern loop again, which we dropped in favor of getting back on board. All in all, this is a highly recommended trip if you have your motorcycle license.

London
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

If I had known the average rainfall of Ketchikan before booking I wouldn't have bothered. And I would have missed the best excursion I've ever done. Every person at Panhandle was really nice, and they gave me a low rider Princess, perfectly suited to a petite person like myself. It was my first time on a Harley, and I'm sold! Heidi, our guide, was fabulous. Easy going, friendly and humorous. We enjoyed a lovely hot coffee and a cookie to revive us half way through and saw the best (and not overly touristy) spots on the island. Nobody tried to sell us anything and the group just enjoyed a great ride and a laugh. Thanks guys, and extra thanks to Heidi!

Visited August 2011
panhandlektn, Owner at Panhandle Motorcycle Adventures, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thank you for the great review. I too am glad you didn't know about all the rain we get or you would have miss out. Hopefully the next time you are here the sun will be shinning.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Terrific Experience- exceded expectations.”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Bikes were modern well run machines. Had all the equipment needed. Wear there waterproof overshoes. Guide made a huge effort to make sure we got to see Alaska's special surroundings. We had a tremendous amount of fun. Afterwards enjoyed a beer at one of the local pubs before getting back on the Cruise Ship. Thanks for a special day.

Visited July 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A scenic tour and the thrill of a Harley ride!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

A company representative was there to meet us when we got off of the ship, our guide was a native of the area and very knowledgeable. The owners were very nice and helpful to us. My Wife and I were the only ones on the tour that day and we were treated very well. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2011