“Highly recommend this”

More Info
and up
Misty Fjords Flight Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: SeaWind Aviation is located at 1809 Tongass Ave, Ketchikan, Ak 99901. Our dock office is located behind OceanView Restaurant, and can be accessed by the E.C. Phillips parking lot.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Steve and Lesley are everything everyone described before me. It is worth every penny and I strongly encourage you to do this trip. We booked directly with Lesley instead of the cruise ship and they exceeded our expectations. You feel like you are flying with family!

All reviews
"booked directly"
in 5 reviews
"de havilland beaver"

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our family took the floatplan tour to the Misty Fjord and had a great time. Booked this tour outside the Cruise and saved a lot of money. Seawind and their pilot deserve the full 5 stars rating, but be aware of the impact weather conditions could have on your tour. These are the Misty Fjords for a reason, and when there are low clouds and fog they can be a bit too misty. The pilot took us to very pretty areas, but was limited to where we could go by the low cloud ceiling.

We did have a great flight and would recommend Seawind tours to anyone who visits Ketchikan. Just keep in mind that it rains a lot in Ketchikan (which makes the area beautiful) and the clear blue sky pictures in all the tour brochures may not be there the day you visit. Either way the area is still beautiful by air.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

A highlight of our trip to Alaska was flightseeing with Steve of SeaWind Aviation. We chose SeaWind instead of the cruiseship's tour and were delighted with our decision. Our family of 7 including 5 kids (ages 10-18) were given a flight of a lifetime and benefited greatly from Steve's years of experience and familiarity with the majestic Misty Fjords area. We had close up views of a bear in the grass, numerous mountain goats in the snow, lakes, waterfalls and fauna. Steve was an excellent pilot and guide and provided us with many interesting details or the geography and history of the area. The landing on a pristine lake and view of a family of six furry friends playing in the water nearby will remain in our memories for years to come. Steve's wonderful wife Leslie who was so friendly and helpful on the phone led us to book with Seawind in the first place. She was an excellent ambassador not only for Seawind but also for Ketchikan and was incredibly kind and helpful to us for our other activities there. We cannot say enough good things about Seawind. The trip was worth every penny.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great trip given by some fun guys! Our Bear guide was a cool dude who made our trip very fun! The bears cooperated and we saw many many bears!
The flight was awesome and Steve is a great pilot. Traitors Cove is very scenic and beautiful.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I took my wife on an Alaskan Cruise to celebrate her Big 5-0. We've been on several cruises before, but this was hands down the best ever! We took a helicopter out to the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, road the White Pass Summit and Yukon Railroad in Skagway, got rained on in Icy Strait Point (big surprise there!), and the highlight of the trip was the Misty Fjords National Monument flight with pilot Steve Kamm and Seawind Aviation! What a SPECTACULAR flight...the scenery was absolutely breathtaking!

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous...never been a fan of small planes...and to intentionally get into one that was going to take off and land in water was mind boggling! However, Steve is a real pro...the takeoff and landing was smoother than any plane I've ever been on...and I would fly with him again without hesitation.

Misty Fjords is simply an incredible experience, and the only way to truly experience this scenic gem is by seaplane. Steve provided great commentary and displayed his knowledge of the area, showed us all the sights including waterfalls and wildlife, and the water landing on the remote lake was just fantastic. Steve spotted a brown bear from the air, and landed the plane on the lake, turned off the engines, and paddled the plane real close to shore to keep from scaring the bear away, and we got an up close and personal view of a brown bear in his natural environment. Tremendous photo and video opportunity!

For those of you considering a Misty Fjords flightseeing tour, do yourself a favor...don't get ripped off by the cruise lines...book directly with Seawind. I called one night while I was out taking my dog for his evening stroll and spoke to Steve's wife Lesley. She answered all of my questions, and even gave me a military discount (I'm an Air Force vet). Seawind's prices are lower than their competitors...and WAY cheaper than the cruise line rates...and the deal was sweetened by the additional military discount. By the time I got back from the walk I had an email confirmation with all information, time, date, etc.. Once we arrived in Ketchikan, we were met at the pier and driven over to Seawind's office...less than 1 mile from the cruise ship dock...and before you knew it, we were zooming over the Misty Fjords National Monument! What an adventure...the highlight of our trip...and absolutely worth every penny!!!

2  Thank Michael B