“Captain Larry and Rene”

$49.00*
and up
Ketchikan Duck Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our modern, state-of-the-art amphibian will take you on a 90 minute tour, spending 45 minutes winding through the streets of Ketchikan, stopping at all of the hotspots in town; Creek Street, Salmon Ladder, Whale Park, etc. Then driving right into the water where the bus becomes a boat and you will spend 45 minutes exploring the waterfront of Ketchikan. This is a fun-filled adventure showing you all the best that Ketchikan has to offer!Pricing for the 1 1/2 hour tour:Adults: $49 Children: $29 (12 & under)Infants: Free (2 & under)**Purchase your tickets at least 24 hours in advance for a $2/Adult discount!!**Our departure times change every day as we cater to the Cruise Ships visiting the area. You can view our availability on our website. Simply click on the 'Reservations Link' where you can see the departure times and availability.
Colon, Nebraska
“Captain Larry and Rene”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had been on one other 'Duck' tour, down in Seattle, and thought it was very nice.
After taking this Ketchikan 'Duck' tour during our Alaskan cruise, the realization of how one of these trips was supposed to be conducted was realized!
Captain Larry was very informative when I asked about different aspects of the 'Duck'. Having been a professional driver for over 40 years I am interested in the many different vehicles that are out there, and he was more than happy to share his knowledge and made MY experience that much more memorable. Plus the fact that he did an outstanding job of driving was a definite plus!

But it was Rene who really was the star of the show, with her very enjoyable delivery of the information of Ketchikan and it's many points of interest. She set the bar very high, in my opinion, for all future tour guides. I don't know how many times a season she gives the tour, but it was very fresh and spontaneous, and the time we spent with her made the Ketchikan 'Duck' Tour one of the highlights of our cruise to "sunny" Alaska!

A short personal note: My cruise mate and I were to meet at the appropriate boarding area, but one of us got the signals crossed. Larry, Rene, and the "boss" were all very patient and understanding and made it work even thought we had a delay in the scheduled departure time.

I highly recommend this activity while visiting Ketchikan.

Visited May 2014
AKDuck1, General Manager at Ketchikan Duck Tour, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Thanks so much for coming aboard! Spread the word!!

Oakland, Maryland
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Very nice tour. Had an excellent guide. Lots of information with local insight. And the driver added other information. Bruce and Lee were a great team.

Awesome! Thanks for the review and send along some friends!! Cheers!
Riverside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ketchikan duck tour”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I went with a group of my friends and we all enjoyed this tour and what made it special are the driver and the narrator; Captain Aerec and Anthony. They are both very funny. They incorporated funny jokes to what seems to be an ordinary sights in the city. So the tour became interesting and entertaining.They gave a good overview of the city and its history.No boring times here.I highly recommend this tour when you visit Ketchikan, well worth your time and money.

1 Thank 55Cynthia
Sorry you had that experience... It's not what we aim for!
Houston, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“What a bunch of quackers - in a good way!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The only reason that I have left 4-stars is that I wish the tour was longer! I would have gladly paid more money to extend this tour. I give the guys, Bruce and Lee, 5-stars! The tour is worth the money and provides a valuable overview of the city. I would advise taking the tour early in the day and then you have the rest of the day to explore places pointed out on the tour. I hope these guys get a raise! They deserve it for the great quality of service they are providing to their customers!

These two were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. What a great asset to Duck! The narrative was so informative yet comical. I would definitely take this tour again.

Visited May 2014
Thanks for coming!!! Cheers!
Tifton, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour and well worth the money”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We really enjoyed this tour. The staff were very funny and at the same time very informative. Its an excellent way to see Ketchikan

Visited August 2013
I am glad that you liked the tour!!! Thanks for coming and pass on the recommendation!