“Simply Superb!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Simply Superb!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I took the Misty Fjord tour with Family Air last week. I can't describe in words just how wonderful this trip was. The area Dave and his Cessna took us to is breathtakingly beautiful. Dave is a great pilot and we felt 100% safe in his care. He is also very knowledgeable and will answer any questions you may have about the area and his plane.

We really can't recommend this trip enough, it's worth the price and we would certainly recommend Family Air to our 'family' and friends. 10/10

1 Thank STEPCLAYTON

Florence, South Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dave was an experienced pilot who we felt very safe with and comfortable with. We had never been on a seaplane before so this was to be one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise. It exceeded our expectations. Dave provided a good commentary as we flew from Ketchikan to Misty Fjord Monument. He even explained the "bridge to nowhere." We landed in a misty fjord and went ashore for about 30 minutes. There were fantastic scenery and views on the shore and throughout the flight. We are glad we spent the money for this once in a lifetime vacation to visit Misty Fjord Monument with Dave. However, the attraction by air is not cheap, but you can't see the scenes we saw unless by air.

San Clemente, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Spectacular Flight!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a fantastic flight excursion with Dave from Family Air. This is a MUST DO while touring Ketchkikan, Alaska. We were able to get the 4 for 3 deal through the family air website.

We told Dave we'd love to land on the water and we'd love to see Bears and Eagles so that is what we did. He found a mama bear and her cub and flew down close so we could take a picture. He also landed us in the Misty Fjords where we were able to get out and take pictures on a large rock.

It was a once in a lifetime experience and we are so thankful we chose to take this flight. Dave was very careful and we felt safe at all times. He narrated and told us about the land as we flew. It was a great learning experience.

Keota, Oklahoma, United States
“BEYOND SPECTACULAR!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

First let me say I am a travel agent, that being said, I am not easily impressed with excursions. My husband and I decided to congratulate ourselves for finally graduating college at the half century mark of our lives with our dream trip to Alaska. We were totally blown away by the trip with Dave. We had many fun and exciting excursions in Alaska but going out with Dave in his float plane to the misty fjords and fishing on THE most beautiful lake we have ever seen topped any and all excursions we have ever taken…anywhere! We were surrounded by beautiful waterfalls, mountains and just absolutely breathtaking beauty everywhere we turned. Dave set us right in the middle of fish Heaven! We saw eagles and a black bear which were not part of the plan as we were there a bit early for the bears to be active, but when I told Dave I saw a black bear below us he quickly, but smooth as glass, banked and circled the bear to let us get a good look and pictures. Dave also took pictures of us as we fished and he is better with my camera that I am :) I really appreciated the pictures, since I am the family photographer I am never in any pictures, but Dave was so considerate and just started snapping away; taking the most beautiful pictures. I can not adequately convey what a wonderful time we had. The only complaint is that our cruise ship wasn't in port long enough to enjoy more time on the Family Air excursion with Dave. I hope to be back one day and plan on flying into Alaska to be able to spend more time fishing; with Dave showing us his beautiful backyard playground! Roger & Rhonda

Visited May 2013
Rolla, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“This is the way to see Misty Fjords.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a trip we will never forget. Our pilot, Dave Rocke not only knows and loves the area but he treated us more like friends than fares. And he is a wonderful story teller to boot. The scenery from the air was unbelievably beautiful and he landed on a beautiful lake to give us a closer look. He knew where the bears were at the time and found one for use to watch as we flew out. My wife and I are not herd animals so having a small plane for just the two us made the trip just what we were looking for. If you are looking to get away from the crowds and see the real Alaska, this is the way to do it and Dave at Family Air is the pilot to do it with.

Visited May 2013