“Always fun and great guides enhanced the experience!”

Alaska Canopy Adventures
Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
$79.00*
and up
Ketchikan Shore Excursion: Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Two zipline courses and two ground based trails for nature and wildlife viewing experiences!
Sacramento, California
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Always fun and great guides enhanced the experience!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Second time for this excursion for myself and husband (both times booked through Princess Cruise); took our 3 "kids" this trip. We had amazing sunny weather, which was different from our somewhat rainy excursion here 2 years ago. We did the Rainforest Canopy Adventure, and I think almost anyone could do it. They start you out on a short practice zip and move on from there. Felt safe and secure the entire time. Absolutely loved our guides Zach and Crystal! Sorry to say was Zach's last day. He was great!
Enjoyment of your bus ride from pier to site depends upon your driver. Our driver to the site was more informative and amusing than the driver on the way back. Don't let them confuse you re: the bus times after your adventure; make sure you pay attention to when your ship's bus is leaving as there are many different times and some ships are in port longer than others. We ended up on a bus for another ship, but made it back in time.
We had fun sharing this attraction with our kids. The excellent guides really make this a great excursion; they are fun, enthusiastic and very professional. Thanks again, Zach and Crystal!!

2 Thank MTLtravelerRD

Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The highlight of our Alaskan cruise for my 13 year old!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went on an Alaskan cruise this past May and this was the excursion we decided on for Ketchican. I can honestly say that I (48) had every bit as much fun as my 13 year old! The adventure started out with us getting suited up with our harnessess and then we loaded into a Unimog for the drive up a steep incline. We unloaded and climbed the rest of the way up to the first zipline. I was kind of concerned with the climb (it was steep and doing that 7 times wouldn't be my idea of fun), but luckily that was the only one :-D. We chose to do the Bear Creek Zipline Adventure - in hopes of seeing a bear. The first zipline was a beginners one so you can get the hang of it. After that, there was a suspension bridge, with a nice view of Bear Creek, then six more ziplines. Each one got longer and more adventurous. We even got lucky and spotted a small bear along the way. At the end, you rappel to the ground from the final tree platform, then there is a 250-foot mountain slide that's really fun. The guides are incredible, they were very careful and I felt very safe the whole time. While on the perch waiting your turn to zip, you have beautiful scenery all around. The views of the ocean were wonderful. We had a great time and will be sure to do it again!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank SuzieK_GA
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I truly loved this! We booked through our cruise ship-Royal Carribbean. A bus picked us up and drove us to the other side of the island to drop us off at the bottom of the course. A lifted Mercedes off-road vehicle picked us up and we started the trek up to the chalet where we geared up. Up there we got to go through a couple baby lines before heading out on the course.

There are two guides with each group of 5 people and they take great care of you. The guides were so fun! They kept you entertained when standing terrified on the platforms and they were obviously incredibly well trained and took their jobs seriously while still having fun with you.

The course itself is amazing. Just gorgeous. You see bald eagles literally everywhere and have a gorgeous view of the bay. At the end of the course there was a great gift shop with some food/hot cocoa and nice souvenirs. Outside was a mini-totem pole garden that was a great pictures spot.

We did have to wait probably 20 minutes for our bus but nothing like some of the other reviews I've read. We were not in a hurry so it wasn't a big deal and it gave us time to talk to other zipliners that were there.

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Nice zipline but poor transportation”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I booked the tour thru the cruise line (princess) because the price was the same and I figured going with other cruise passengers might guarantee better service. Guess again! Gray Tours of Alaska bus line picked us up on time and got us to the Rain Forrest area on time. The Zip line tour was fine (i had done better ones) but ok. Saw lots of Bald Eagles. Well, all of our group was done at 230pm. We go to get on the Gray Lines bus sitting in the parking lot and the bus driver says he's suppose to take the Holland America group back at 4-430pm. He says our bus will be coming later. Of course, we ask how come if its the same bus line and they are going to the same exact place why he cant take us and let Holland America use our bus? He refused to even consider it. So, we sat in a hot parking lot for nearly 90 min. for another bus to arrive for us. Of course, when we finally left the Holland America group was still there and was not gonna be finished for some time.

I think the bus driver was just lazy and was glad to sit on his bus for 2 hours due to a scheduling error. The cruise line claimed they couldn't switch buses due to germs. Are you kidding? The first 2 stops we did our own tours which involved passengers from other ships, we went in restaurants, shops, etc. You would think if a family of 4 spends $800 on an excursions you would be treated better.

3 Thank sandytntn
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“" Smooth Sailing "”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

It is a must do adventure for anyone willing to try it. The scenery was magnificent. Also Kelsey and Rick, the tour guides ,were helpful,funny, and personable. This trip,a once in a lifetime for travelers,is breath-taking. The experience My uncle, mother and I had was absolutely stunning. Thank you Kelsey and Rick for making our Alaskan adventure memorable.
Noble, Sherry, and Sierra