“Super Fun Adventure”

Alaskan Family Rainforest Adventure including 4x4 Buggies
Ranked #5 of 97 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amazing eco tours for the serious adventure seeker or family's with small children and Grandparents. Drive a custom built inflatable zodiac and search for wildlife in the beautiful SE Alaska waterways. If a boat tour isn't your style, gather the family, board your whisper quiet buggy to embark on a fun, scenic and educational journey to an old logging camp where you will enjoy blueberry pancakes by the creek. We are a small, family owned business and take pride in providing wonderful memories to our guests since 2007.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a great Ketchikan excursion. We loved driving our own boat around the coast and seeing nature and wildlife close up. Some of the views are incredible. We had a very friendly and knowledgeable guide who knew where to take us. They provide all the right gear so you stay warm and dry! This was a cool Alaskan experience that is really hands on and it's great that it's a small group. A very unique experience!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed seeing all the nature! Eagles, seals, dolphin. Wonderful views and the boats were a blast! And Jeff went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow was this a fun excursion. I was looking for something to do in Ketchikan while my cruise was diced there and boy did I choose the right adventure. My guide Jeff was a 3rd generation Ketchikan resident so he knew all the places to go on the zodiac boat. He provided us some great info about the town and alaska in general- he was just so knowledgeable.
Yhe van picked me up directly from the boat and then took us ( there were 3 people total) to the shop where we were given cold weather rain gear . We got a safety briefing and then off to the boat we all went!
The boats were in pristine condition and easy to maneuver. 1 person per boat acts as the driver and follows the guide boat. It was a super smooth ride although the trip is not recommended for people with back or neck pain since the waters ca be choppy at times. I think we just lucked out and had perfect weather. Our guide lead us around some islands and even threw a fish in the water and a bals eagle swooped down and grabbed a free meal- that was just amazing!
Jeff is a profesional trumpet player so he showed us how the kelp can be turned into a great musical instrument!
I got some amazing pictures and great memories! I think this was the best deal of any excursion I took- and you even get a beer or wine after you get back! The hospitality was just wonderful and I would do this tour again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Grnbug2000
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a great excursion for the whole family! We enjoyed seeing the wildlife, eating a little kelp and hearing the history of the place. I highly recommend this for all ages!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Jeff was a wonderful tour guide. Don't be discouraged if you read that you must "love roller coasters and white water rafting or this excursion may not be for you". I hate both roller coasters but I enjoyed driving the Zodiac. They suited us up real nice for our trip so we looked like Alaskan fishermen. Thank goodness they did because it was rainy the day we went out and I appreciated being warm and dry when I returned. Jeff threw a fish in the air and an eagle swooped down and retrieved it from the water within yards of the boat. He also entertained us by playing some jazz standards on the "kelp horn".