“Fun in Ketchikan”

Alaskan Family Rainforest Adventure including 4x4 Buggies
Ranked #5 of 97 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amazing eco tours for the serious adventure seeker or family's with small children and Grandparents. Drive a custom built inflatable zodiac and search for wildlife in the beautiful SE Alaska waterways. If a boat tour isn't your style, gather the family, board your whisper quiet buggy to embark on a fun, scenic and educational journey to an old logging camp where you will enjoy blueberry pancakes by the creek. We are a small, family owned business and take pride in providing wonderful memories to our guests since 2007.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had a blast. Cold and wet as hell but just as they advertised. You don;t go to Alaska for the nice weather. We wanted the full blown Alaska and we got it. Took my wife and 3 kids ages 8 to 13 years and took off in our boat. Wife got stuck with guy who could not drive a boat but me and the kids had fun. Thought it was a river excursion but you are out in the middle of the Bay with big waves and big animals and Bald Eagles flying around like the pigeons back home. Our guide Nick was a great dude and took us to a dive bar afterward in his daily transportation (a small boat that looked like a 1972 Datsun B210 floating on the water). Probably a nice warm home for many Alaskan critters. Imagine the smell and the sight of that little sucker zipping around massive ships in the port. My kids keep talking about him like he was their distant Uncle from Alaska. Well worth every penny and really felt like the true Alaska to us...Even though the owners are from Tennessee or Mississippi or somewhere totally opposite of Alaska. You would never know it except for the Southern accent they possessed. We plan on going on their donkey rides in Chattanooga come Winter. We highly recommend this trip. There is a reason they keep winning the best trip award. See you in about 20 years when I am old enough to take another Alaskan cruise.

1  Thank raiderbuzz

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We loved this tour because it allowed us to have an upclose look at the natural beauty of Ketchican. We saw eagles, seals, & best of all humpback whales. Our guide was very interesting because he was raised in this area and was very familiar with the local wildlife. We loved his enthusiasm and his willingness to be flexible based on what the group wanted to see. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Kim449
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband & I visited Ketchikan in August on a Princess cruise to Alaska. This particular excursion was great! We showed up early in the morning and were outfitted in what appeared to be an enormous amount of protective clothing....later realizing how very important this step was!! We had a beautiful day, sunny & quite mild. However, after spending several hours on the water it became obvious why they bundle you up so much.

Once we were set up with clothing, we were brought down to the docks for a short briefing on how to run the zodiac boats. I admit I was a little surprised by how quickly they reviewed the boats. Thankfully my hubby had owned and ran boats in the past, so we designated him the driver of our zodiac. The other two gentlemen had never driven a boat, and didn't feel comfortable driving. Once 4 people were placed in each boat, we followed the guide on our tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and we totally enjoyed the trip. We saw several bald eagles, some very strange starfish and a whole island of seals, but sadly no whales!

I almost didn't take this excursion, but very happy I did. It turned out to be one of the only days on our cruise that we actually saw any wildlife.

1  Thank lovetravelanytime
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The tour was very good. Felt safe and qualified to operate the kodiaks after a few minutes... Would have been nice to see more wildlife.

The only negative was not able to hear the guide at times.

Would recommend!

2  Thank DDB300
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you are in Ketchikan you must make time for this experience. This was the best excursion we had during our Alaskan cruise. This was the first time we have ever received a free copy of our photo taken by the excursion operator. Everyone was so friendly and thorough. The inflatable motor boat was a blast to operate and our guide was great in spotting wildlife for us to see and photograph. If we ever have another chance to be in Ketchikan we will definitely take this fantastic excursion again.

1  Thank Dyane W