“Misty Fjords Had Me Misty Eyed”

Misty Fjords National Monument
Book In Advance
More Info
$239.00*
and up
Misty Fjords Flightseeing Tour
Ranked #1 of 58 things to do in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Owner description: This huge wilderness area includes hundreds of rivers and streams fed by melting glaciers each spring.
San Clemente, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Misty Fjords Had Me Misty Eyed”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I took a 10 passenger seaplane into the Misty Fjords. The most beautiful and exciting adventure of all. Passing snow capped mountains and looking down into some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Being world traveled, I have never witnessed such beauty. Waterfalls and goats were plentiful. Landing on one of the lakes took my breath away. Smooth take offs and landings both times. We got to get out and stand on the pontoons to take pics and videos. Wow! Exhilarating and Spiritual all at the same time. We witnessed tons of jellyfish in the water. Mind blowingly peaceful. The reflection in the water of the natural beauty of the land rendered me misty. I must admit, everyone on that seaplane adventured agreed that they could now die in peace. That trip could not be topped. On top of all the adventure, two fellow travelers that I met on this tour live and work in the same small city as I live and work!!!! What are the chances?

8 Thank TheTravelB

Redmond, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Flight worth taking”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Beautiful scenery. Floatplane landed in the Misty Fjord area, we were able to get out of the plane, made it all the more impressive.

1 Thank jasminecats
Oviedo, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Some Real Alaska With Limited Time”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We took the Allen Marine Tour of Misty Fjords from Ketchikan late May 2012. I would definitely recommend this as a shore excursion for a cruise ship passenger. The high speed catamaran provides a fairly smooth ride and allows you to get up into areas a "big boat" can't reach. We saw numerous bald eagles, sea lions, humpbacks, and of course, too many waterfalls to count. The cruise has a naturalist on board to help identify and explain many of the sights, and on our cruise, there was an Intuit gentleman demonstrating how he carved whale baleen. It was fascinating, and for us a great, close up, introduction to the Alaskan scenery, (they even provided binoculars). I would recommend for families and older travelers, but definitely bring rain gear!

Visited May 2012
6 Thank Jim S
Canyon Lake, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beauty Overload!!! We saw the Misty Fjords by Seaplane!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have to say, by the time we hit Ketchikan on our Inside Passage cruise, we were truly on Beauty Overload! Nice town, nice people... the misty fjords by seaplane??? Extraordinary. We went out in a small plane, there were about six of us, besides the pilot and copilot. It was amazing. Again, saw open wild country, forests, glaciers, waterfalls, mountain goats outside the windows, and then? our pilot landed us in a fjord, and let us out onto the pontoon of the plane! It was still, it was silent, it was AMAZING. High sided cliffs above us, and the beautiful green water around us. It was an amazing wilderness experience, and worth every penny we paid to go. If we get back to Alaska, we will do it again!!! We booked this through the Cruise line... I have the name at home... if you need it, message me, and I will look it up. The office staff left something to be desired, but the pilot and copilot and tour? They were GREAT!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sheila M
san diego
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Bring rain gear!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is an awesome trip! We went with Allen Marine tours and had a great time. From the smooth boat ride to the incredible waterfalls, it was great! We saw Orcas, Humpbacks & Bald Eagles too! Don't let a little rain stop you, it makes the waterfalls better and I was given a soft rag for my camera.

2 Thank airbrush