“Wonderful accommodations!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ketchikan
Anchor Inn by the Sea
Ranked #2 of 18 Ketchikan B&B and Inns
Mendocino
“Wonderful accommodations!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our first taste of Alaska and we want more! Such a beautiful spot just south of Ketchikan. Peaceful and lovely....watch whales, seals, eagles and boats go by. Well equipped suite with everything you would want. Cooked most of our meals in and didn't miss anything from home! A rental car is a must to explore the 30 miles of island byways. Lots to see and do. Ketchikan itself is bustling when the Cruise boats dock. But when they leave it's a quiet and charming little town. Strongly recommend Anchor Inn for couples, family, or friends! Owners, Mary and Greg are great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BettyMendocino

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mexico City
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Impeccably clean, totally new, just a few feet from a gorgeous beach with magnificent views from all suites, this Inn is a great place to stay.
There are all kind of niceties from spices to saran wrap and a fully equipped kitchen. This place is very quiet, all you hear is the gentle roar of the ocean if you step on the balcony, otherwise, the interior is warm, cozy and inviting.
It is located about 10 minutes easy driving from downtown on a beautiful road.
Very safe and private, the suites are in the lower floor of the building. The owners are always ready to help. There is total privacy with separate access and easy parking.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, they differ in size, distribution and price only.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I could not believe how perfect this spot was. As I arrived and walked into this gorgeous room with an amazing view of the bay/channel. It has a great living room to sit and enjoy with a large window out to the water. You can see islands and wildlife. Although I did not have a whale sighting, I know they were out there when I wasn't looking. There is a flat screen TV if you get tired of looking at the view out of the window, but I never did. It was great to have a kitchen where I could make some meals too.

The bedroom is great too. A very comfortable bed helped me sleep like a baby. Mary, the owner, stopped down to say hi and see if I needed anything. She is a great lady who is ready to take care of you at any time. We had a pleasant conversation and she even brought me something for my migraine that took me out of commission for the morning.

It sits on the south end of town and is not in the touristy area, but you can quickly get to everything you need. There is a great cove just a little south of there where I saw sea otters playing around during low tide. The is also a "beach" just a short walk north of there called Rotary park.

The only thing that could possibly have made this a better place for me to stay is if my wife had been with me. It's a perfect get away place.

I can not recommend this place enough. You MUST stay there!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Poway, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a great find! The owners Greg,Mary (and dog Murray) were wonderful and very accommodating.
My husband and I arrived in Ketchikan from a week camping trip around 10 AM. When I called Mary she told us the room was not yet vacated and had to be cleaned. We did not have our rental car until the next day (my mistake). Mary came and picked us up at the boat dock showed us Herring Cove (bear watching) and Saxman Totem Park before heading to the Anchor Inn. The room was
just about ready so we relaxed on the deck admiring the beautiful view of the channel. We rented the Orca Suite which is just perfect for a couple. With a full kitchen, bedroom,bath and living room with a
HUGE picture window....what more could one want? Also Mary makes "killer" halibut enchiladas...ask for the recipe. Yum...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple