All reviews snapper boat captain king salmon float plane great fishing sea lions silver salmon enjoy fishing salmon cannery general store fishing trip great friends fishing license great guy my dad brought home great memories
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Just returned from waterfall late last night. Our 8 man group took home 520 lbs of Salmon and Halibut ( 65 lbs each ) . Our guide Evan was awesome. Had a great plan to help us get our limits on Kings and Halibut as well as great volume on Silvers and Cohos.We had 4 fish on the line twice and often two of us at a time. Even if we were all over the place nothing phased him. He had a great sense of humor and was very patient when ever we had a s-f moment. Very knowledgeable and accommodating.
The boats are first class. Can handle even the 12-15 foot swells we encountered one day. All boats fully provisioned with drinks, chips, cookies , fried chicken , sandwiches ( including PB&J ) and coffee.Excellent equipment.
The lodge is very lovely. Loads of wildlife nearby plus the waterfall of course. The buildings and grounds are very well maintained. Docks, wharf all very impressive. Our 2 BR cabin easily accommodated 4 of us. Our partners had 5 in their two BR. The staff provided snacks, coffee , tea etc and full kitchen.
Food hall very impressive. It is not fine dining but everyone enjoyed the buffets for breakfast and dinner. Wine served. Chef is very talented and most creative.
The fish cutters were expert. Our fish well prepped for us in heavy duty freezer boxes.
We had very challenging weather coming in and leaving. The staff and their travel partners did the best they could under the circumstances. If I had one complaint it would be with communications. Due to very limited wi fi and no phones changes in schedule were not communicated and sometimes it was awkward. I'd suggest they invest on some technology to assist .
I'd come back. So would our two sons. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018

What a first class operation. Was treated like a VIP from the time I landed to the time I left. "EVERYONE" I came in contact with went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. The fishing was amazing

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2018

My wife and I had a wonderful trip to Waterfall in June. What a beautiful place!

The Resort operates like a well-oiled machine. We were off our float plane, checked in, and on the water in record time. The service was exceptional our entire stay.

Our guide, Dennis, was super. He was a great teacher and so patient with these two novice sport fishermen. He worked hard to make sure we caught our limit and brought fish home with us.

The Alaskan experience was amazing. We saw eagles, sea lions, sea otters, orca, and humpback whales. We loved the remoteness of the place.

This was the trip of a lifetime and we highly recommend Waterfall Resort.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My dad and I just returned from an epic father/son trip to Waterfall and had an amazing time, complete with our highly sought-after guide, Devin, who was a joy to work with! We were not as experienced as other fishermen at the resort, but Devin was very patient, helpful and took us to the best spots to maximize the type of fish we wanted to bring home.

Off the boat, the resort offers a variety of accommodations to suit your group. We shared a condo with two other friends, and found it to be very spacious and comfortable. Mealtimes offer a wide variety of food, even for those who don,t like seafood (like me) will have plenty of options. Friendly staff abound and are always willing to offer rides back to the more distant accommodations.

Traveller tip: While there is no cell-service on the island, there are plenty of locations that have wi-fi to stay “plugged in.” Guests can enable their phones to make calls off of wi-fi, if you need to check in with home.

Traveller tip #2: While not made immediately clear, make sure to alert the airline office if you need to Fed-Ex fish home the day before you leave. It will not be possible to do this on departure day (note: taking it home as checked baggage is highly recommended over shipping).

We came home with a lot of fish and a ton of great memories! We hope to return again soon.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

From the incredible staff, reservation folks, our boat Captain Jeff for helping two rookie fisherman was outstanding. We are already looking at our dates for next year and cannot wait to go back. The food was over the top, from when we first came off the boat to seeing the bald eagles and whales was incredible.
Thank you for all the special care and time, cannot wait till July of 2019