I have been going to Waterfall for 3 years in a row now (and once before about 10 years back). I plan on continuing to make this an annual trip going forward. The scenery is beautful, the facilites and equipment are great, and the guides are top notch. The experiance may be more regimented than some people prefer (the entire trip is scheduled down to the hour), but as a result you get the most fishing time in as possible. You certainly can do what you want as long as you work it out with your guide and fellow boat mates (4 people per boat). Ive found it especially fun if you go in groups of 4 - as the boats fit 4 guests each. Ultimately, this trip is one of the highlights of my year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Having hosted more than 60,000 guests, Waterfall Resort is the most popular fishing lodge in Alaska. Located by Southeast Alaska's famous Inside Passage near Ketchikan, just 90 minutes from Seattle, Waterfall Resort makes the spectacular wilderness of Alaska easy to access. Built in 1912, the historic record-breaking Alaskan salmon cannery on 52 acres of breathtaking coastal wilderness now serves as the location for the all inclusive sport fishing lodge, Waterfall Resort. The fish keep coming back every year, and so do our guests. Waterfall Resort delivers an all inclusive Alaska vacation, where our expert service takes care of all the details. Experienced guides accompany you on 25' heated cabin cruisers custom built for comfort, supporting anglers of all skill levels. We provide all the fishing equipment and gear, and we even process your catch for you back on shore so you can take your frozen fish home. Guests typically return with an average of 70 lbs of fillets! Waterfall Resort is situated in SE Alaska on the west coast of Prince of Wales Island, benefiting from ocean upwelling and nutrient rich waters that attract King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod and many more. This destination is a short scenic float plane ride over Alaska's Inside Passage from Ketchikan, which is only 90 minutes from Seattle. We host our own Alaska Airlines agent on site to make return flights and baggage check a snap. Easy travel means the resort is also ideal for hosting Corporate groups and events. Come join the legendary sport fishing fun at Waterfall Resort! Catch the Adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waterfall Resort Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfall Hotel Ketchikan
- Waterfall Resort Alaska Ketchikan