“Nice Alaskan fishing stay in Kenai”
Review of Quality Inn Kenai

Quality Inn Kenai
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Made reservations to stay at this hotel few days while fishing for red salmon on the Kenai River during busiest time of the summer -- third week in July. Room was ready when I showed up at 11 am. Found it very clean and acceptable. Breakfast came with the room and although not fantastic, provided me with all that I needed for the first meal of the day. It's centrally located in the town of Kenai and almost next to Walmart where I could easily buy replenishment fishing supplies and ice. Staff was very nice and the price was comparable to other establishments in the area. Wi-fi available, as well as TV, fridge, micro and there's a pool that I didn't have time to use -- just spent more of my time fishing!

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance. Rooms are scarce during the red salmon run. I preferred staying on t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Flyfishingguy
Elise C, Guest Service Agent at Quality Inn Kenai, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Hello flyfishingguy,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review, and by the looks of it, we have done very well to give you the satisfaction you deserve. I am happy to hear we had a room all ready and cleaned for your early arrival, especially with July being our busiest month. :) We hope to see you again so you can enjoy our hotel once more, hopefully it won't be such a dry, hot summer like this years! Have a wonderul day!!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent 9 nights in Alaska touring the Denali area, Homer, Seward, Cooper Landing & Kenai - Soldotna area. This hotel was perfect for our needs. What I look for in a hotel is: cleanliness, comfortable beds; good location; and a clean bathroom. this hotel had all of the above. The location was very good just off the Kenai Spur Rd with a really nice Wal-Mart behind the hotel. We had a room with 2 comfortable queen beds and had plenty of room for 3 large suitcases, a cooler etc. There were plenty of pillows and towels. It had the standard amenities- a refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer etc. The only negative is that it does not have AC which we didn't need but the temperature never got above 65'. It did have a fun which was sufficient. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast was an extra plus. There were scrambled eggs & bacon as well as the standard continental breakfast items. We stayed here because we had Choice Hotel Points but I would definitely stay here again when in Kenai even if we didn't have free rewards. The location is perfect for a base.

tip: Wal-Mart behind the Quality Inn is a great place to buy souveners
Eat dinner at Louie's in the Uptown Motel just up the road on Kenai Spur for dinner
Stop by the Kenai Visitor Center

Room Tip: No AC but didn't need it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello bbeerbower,

First of all, thank your for the great review and the tips. It is especially good to know that our hotel is central for all your needs! We hope you come back to stay with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Good service, clean, and great location. No air conditioning in this hotel! It is 85 degrees outside and they only provide a fan and a low dangerous window next to a parking lot. When we went into the room the heater was on in July! The pool and spa are nice. The breakfast is huge! Free waffles, cereal, bagels, donuts, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, bacon, toast, yogurt, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, and milk! There's also a fitness center and a business center. But I will not stay here again just because of the heat hitting you when you open the door. If you have a disability, make sure you notify the hotel because the second floor does not have an elevator.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TylerA3210

Hello Tyler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the hotel team, we would like to apologize for the unusual heat wave we had this year. Most hotels in Alaska are not equipped with an A/C system because of our long winters, unfortunately we are among them. In the future we will be upgrading our hotel with an A/C system. We hope you can come back and get the quality you deserve. Have a great day Tyler.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Basic budget hotel with a fairly comfortable bed. Good TV choices and front desk staff very willing to help. Large room with king bed, desk, small refrig and microwave. Small sink are in the room with doored bath/shower and toilet room. NO Air conditioning so HOT west upper floor room in July. They were willing to provide 2 fans. NO elevator to the 2nd floor. Decent basic hotel breakfast in a large room.

Room Tip: NO AC so avoid a west room on the 2nd floor with a window that opens to the north (206, 210, 214, 21...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for filling out a review! I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the hot room(s) during our unusually hot summer. We are looking into updating our hotel with an A/C system in the future. We hope the next time you are in the area you will choose our hotel to give you the satisfaction you deserve. Again thank you, have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at this Quality hotel 3 times now and will continue to book my stay there in the future. Each time I'm impressed by the improvements and upgrades made to the facilities and the rooms. The beds are very comfortable and the management is excellent to work with. We love the fishing in and around Kenai and this hotel accomodated keeping our fish cold and even freezing them to ship home. The breakfast is far better than your average continental breakfast. It's more like a breakfast buffet with something for everyone. The swimming area is very clean and the hot tub is huge, which feels great after a long day of fishing. Great place to relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms available for larger families or groups
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Trent F

Hello Trent,

Wow! What an amazing review! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this! It is such a pleasure to know you have enjoyed our great breakfast buffet (as you put it) along with the other features of our hotel. I will be taking this to our hotel team and show them that their hard work is appreciated! Have a wonderful day Trent!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of different when in Kenai for business. It does have everything I need when traveling. The furnishings are clean and updated. The bed is much more comfortable than most budget hotels. The LCD TV has more channels that I could ever watch. The WiFi is always fast and reliable. The included breakfast has plenty of options for every dietary need. They even have a small indoor pool, hot tub and decent fitness center. In addition, the staff has always been very helpful and friendly. I like the reliability that is always in question when traveling in so many parts of Alaska. It is overpriced in the Summer, which is why I only gave it 3 stars instead of 4. But overall, I do really like this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello foodnwine2522,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us an amazing review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the channel selection along with our reliable WiFi and delicious breakfast! I will present this to our hotel team to show the hard work is showing. We hope to see you again!!! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a good night here, the staff were obliging, able to do my laundry, and the breakfast was ample. The breakfast room was huge and they were continually replenishing food. There was an area in the foyer where you could make a hot drink. The hotel itself was basically a building and car-park but we arrived late in the afternoon and left early in the morning so it was only a stop-over. The pool area looked inviting but unfortunately didn't have a swim.

Room Tip: If you cant handle stairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello jaybe,

Thank you for giving us a review first of all! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the many features of our hotel. I hope you will come back to have another comfortable night!

Elise C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
#4 of 5 in Kenai
Uptown Motel
Uptown Motel
#3 of 5 in Kenai

Been to Quality Inn Kenai? Share your experiences!