“BASIC at best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“BASIC at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Basic budget hotel with a fairly comfortable bed. Good TV choices and front desk staff very willing to help. Large room with king bed, desk, small refrig and microwave. Small sink are in the room with doored bath/shower and toilet room. NO Air conditioning so HOT west upper floor room in July. They were willing to provide 2 fans. NO elevator to the 2nd floor. Decent basic hotel breakfast in a large room.

Room Tip: NO AC so avoid a west room on the 2nd floor with a window that opens to the north (206, 210, 214, 21...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Elise C, Guest Service Agent at Quality Inn Kenai, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for filling out a review! I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the hot room(s) during our unusually hot summer. We are looking into updating our hotel with an A/C system in the future. We hope the next time you are in the area you will choose our hotel to give you the satisfaction you deserve. Again thank you, have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,

Elise C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
Sandy, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at this Quality hotel 3 times now and will continue to book my stay there in the future. Each time I'm impressed by the improvements and upgrades made to the facilities and the rooms. The beds are very comfortable and the management is excellent to work with. We love the fishing in and around Kenai and this hotel accomodated keeping our fish cold and even freezing them to ship home. The breakfast is far better than your average continental breakfast. It's more like a breakfast buffet with something for everyone. The swimming area is very clean and the hot tub is huge, which feels great after a long day of fishing. Great place to relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms available for larger families or groups
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Trent F
Hello Trent,

Wow! What an amazing review! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this! It is such a pleasure to know you have enjoyed our great breakfast buffet (as you put it) along with the other features of our hotel. I will be taking this to our hotel team and show them that their hard work is appreciated! Have a wonderful day Trent!

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of different when in Kenai for business. It does have everything I need when traveling. The furnishings are clean and updated. The bed is much more comfortable than most budget hotels. The LCD TV has more channels that I could ever watch. The WiFi is always fast and reliable. The included breakfast has plenty of options for every dietary need. They even have a small indoor pool, hot tub and decent fitness center. In addition, the staff has always been very helpful and friendly. I like the reliability that is always in question when traveling in so many parts of Alaska. It is overpriced in the Summer, which is why I only gave it 3 stars instead of 4. But overall, I do really like this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello foodnwine2522,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us an amazing review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the channel selection along with our reliable WiFi and delicious breakfast! I will present this to our hotel team to show the hard work is showing. We hope to see you again!!! Have a great day!

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a good night here, the staff were obliging, able to do my laundry, and the breakfast was ample. The breakfast room was huge and they were continually replenishing food. There was an area in the foyer where you could make a hot drink. The hotel itself was basically a building and car-park but we arrived late in the afternoon and left early in the morning so it was only a stop-over. The pool area looked inviting but unfortunately didn't have a swim.

Room Tip: If you cant handle stairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello jaybe,

Thank you for giving us a review first of all! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the many features of our hotel. I hope you will come back to have another comfortable night!

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Many times having two queens in a room makes the room very crowded however there was ample room and it was adequately furnished. Only drawback was we were in the room right off of the lobby, so it was a bit noisy. The breakfast was good with a selection of hot and cold items. The hotel is a good mid-price range hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mike,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It is good to know that the queen room you stayed in was spacious for you, though I am sorry to hear that it was a little too noisy being near the lobby. We hope you will give us another shot at giving you the full satisfaction you deserve. Have a wonderful day Mike.

alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in the Quality Inn Hotel in Kenai as a second choice, as our first choice was full, and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The exterior leaves something to be desired but for a small, inexpensive hotel the lobby was nicely decorated and there were luggage carts (always a bonus traveling with kids). The rooms are fairly standard, tiny bathroom but a nice shower. Rooms had microwaves and mini refrigerators in the rooms which came in very handy.
The weight room is tiny but adequate. The pool and spa were both well maintained. Pool is small (like a large lap pool), but the spa was surprisingly large. There are tables and chairs in the pool are and lots of windows so the space is full of light. Very enjoyable.
The complimentary breakfast was definitely the highlight of the hotel! There is a huge cafe area with a full breakfast bar of cereal, breads, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, cheese omelets, waffles and more. Everything was very clean and well presented.
Overall, I will make this our destination hotel the next time we stay in the area. For $79/night ~ you can't beat it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello akabowers,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It looks stunning! I see that you enjoyed just about every feature we have to offer here, especially the breakfast. We hope to see you again here so you can have another wonderful experience!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Quality Inn in Kenai for making my trip so memorable. I've never been so dissatisfied with any hotel as much as I was during our one night here. Reservations, although made over 3 weeks in advance and confirmed the week of arrival, were not honored by the inn. I had booked two rooms together for 2 adults and 6 children, and they split us up on two different floors because they gave my rooms away in an effort to keep teams together- obviously keeping a family together is not a priority. Absolutely zero accomodations were made to rectify the situation, and my bill for the rooms was not discounted at all. When I voiced my frustration and anger, the manager called my personal cell at 11 pm and threatened to have us removed the police because of my language in front of children - um, excuse me, those 6 children standing in the lobby are mine. The coffee pots were empty and the continental breakfast was awful - are you sure that was bacon? I couldn't wait to get out of there. In the future, I will not hesitate to spend 3x Quality's rates in a hotel that strives to honor their promise to ensure consumer satisfaction. Thanks again Quality! You will have no future business from me, nor will I recommend your rooms to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 5u5ie_28
Hello 5u5ie_28,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. On behalf of the hotel team, I would like to apologize for the major inconvenience of the 2 rooms reserved by you. It was surprisingly busy for that time of the year and I am extremely sorry for the frustration you experienced. I hope there is a sliver of a chance that you and your family could come back and get the satisfaction you deserve ma'am. Have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,

Elise C.

Travelers are raving about these Kenai hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
#3 of 8 in Soldotna
Soldotna Inn
Soldotna Inn
#8 of 8 in Soldotna

Been to Quality Inn Kenai? Share your experiences!