“What a Gem!”

Louie's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Kenai
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a don't miss restaurant. The food is incredible, portions large, service excellant. We eat dinner here every time we come to Alaska. It's not a very big place so go early or late. You might have a issue if you don't like taxidermy, but we love the Alaskan feel of the place. Soooo good you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

One of the favorite places for breakfast. Serves til 11 Mon. - Fri. and later on the weekends. Lunch is good too. Halibut burger is one of my favs.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you happen to be in Kenai, Alaska, do yourself a big favor and try out Louie's. A group of us came up from Northern California, joined by a friend that came all the way up from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to go fishing. Someone suggested that Louie's would be a good place for dinner. It was a superb place for dinner. I had their broiled salmon. WOW.
A couple of days later the guys went back for breakfast. I ordered a seafood omelet. They had solved the problem that I have encountered in other restaurants when ordering this dish. And that is that they usually have too much egg and not enough sea food. Not at Louie's.
And the atmosphere is also quite inviting.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I see there are mixed opinions about Louie's..

I have eaten here for many years and always had good food and service. I admit that I haven't been in on the "late" shift though.

Today, my sister was going outside, so we had breakfast. She ordered the standard; eggs, sausage, hash-browns, and the HUGEST biscuit I have ever seen. They also brought her a small bowl of gravy to sample. I had the pecan (loaded) waffle, bacon and scrambled. Along with the never ending very excellent coffee, everything was great and almost too much, I helped with the hash-browns!

This was at 9 am, and the place was packed, 50/50 locals and tourists. So very busy. The service was excellent, friendly, and quick. My coffee cup never got to the half empty stage.

Price-wise, about standard Alaska. If you need to save, Macdonalds is down the street, but you won't get the service and quality.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband is an Alaskan resident and has been coming here for years. The food is decent, but the prices have gotten out of control. We brought friends here before they left town and were embarrassed at how badly Louie's is ripping off the tourist trade. The waitresses were also quite surly which surprised us given the high prices. We're used to 'Alaskan prices' but this is ridiculous! We won't be back. If you want to get your money's worth head down to Homer and go to the Homestead or Lands End - or travel to Halibut Cove and try The Saltry. Now those are worth the price (and they're not even as high as Louie's).

Oh, and if you have kids, forget it. There's no kids menu, though you can order a $12 burger for them off of the lunch menu (this wasn't offered to us)!