“Vacation Of A Lifetime So Do It Twice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Kenai
Pontiac, Illinois
“Vacation Of A Lifetime So Do It Twice”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

21 years it took me to get my wife away from a beach vacation! She loved it so much were going back. Alaska is an adventure and Jimmie Jacks was the first leg of this journey. Great people to stay with and fish with. Friendly, knowledgable, relaxing and fun with wilderness at your doorstep. A family oriented group of folks who care if you return! From the rookies to the seasoned fisherman these people can take care of your adventure. Plenty of options to add to your trip through Jimmie Jack as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the miners cabin for privacy and the feel of staying in the woods. Moose came right by...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lyme, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I came to Alaska for the first time to go fishing and booked at Jimmie Jack's. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised as the dirt road off Kalifornsky had me a little worried. When I got to the lodge, I was greeted by Jordan who showed me where my room was. There was an info packet there for me explaining everything I needed to know.
When I went out on the river, my guide, Jacob, was very patient with me as I had never used a fly rod and we were fishing for rainbow and dolly vardens on the Kenai. The weather was rather dismal, but the fishing was great! The day we fished for silvers, we didnt catch anything. But Jacob took us for a cruise down the river toward the inlet. Saw 10 bald eagles on the riverbank at one point. Well worth the side trip. The next to last day the river rose a foot between the time we went out and came back in 6 hours later. I wasnt disappointed as the lodge had no control over the weather! The lodge is located overlooking Cook Inlet and there were some gorgeous sunsets.
Jordan cooked great breakfasts and packed good hearty lunches for us. The only caveat was that I didnt tell them before I came that I dont eat eggs and am rather particular about what I eat. I am sure that she would have prepared me oatmeal every morning (my usual breakfast for the lasst 40 years!!)
My last day there the park ranger had closed our put in and we had to travel 10 miles up the Sterling and put in at Skilak lake. However, the fishing was the best of the week and the weather beautiful. All told the trip was well worth the money and I will go back there again next spring (if not to work, just to spend a week fishing!!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank iamguiseppi
fairfield
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I would use their services again next year,,,very good and customer focused guide service in kenai alaska. good for excelent and beginners. Very patient in explaining the beauty of the rivers, the fishing equipment. Not like some other guides in the area. if you want to catch limits and big quality fish use them... its hard to do your own fishing in the kenai and kasilof rivers you need an experienced guide

Room Tip: very good with the family or group...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ariel_nievera
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My college buddies and I get together once a year for a fishing trip. This year we went to Kenai, Ak. for a 3 day trip with Jimmie Jack. The fishing guides and staff were excellent. The accomodations were nice. As for fishing our guides worked hard to find the best fishing spots on the river. Needless to say I caught my limit of Silvers. I would say overall the trip was great. The one down side is their web site is not updated. I would like to see pictures of the lodge with sleeping accomodations and the current fish counts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank A F
JimmiJack, Owner at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Arnold, our team says they enjoyed your group very much! Thanks for choosing us, and I hope we can take you fishing in the future for another "Big Fish" Trophy trip! Having a trophy is a great idea!
Yes, we will be sure and post more photos of the accommodations. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game does not count silvers entering the Kenai River, so there is no data. However, we are going to look into posting our boat reports on the blog next year. Thanks for the great time, and great ideas. You guys are fishy!
Escalon, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have made several trips over the years to the Kenai River, having stayed at other top rated lodges. From the start of planning my father/son trip, Jimmie Jack quickly answered all my emails and/or phone calls promptly. Package prices on trips are very competitive and personally feel exceed what other lodges charge. Guides are simply the best!!! All are incredibly knowledgeable of the river, patient instructors to those of us who need help on fishing techniques, and friendly. With all the extra work that is required with sockeye fishing verses king fishing, it is obvious that these guys love what they do! Lodge facilities are immaculately maintained and rooms comfortable. The gals that make all happen and cook for everyone are just as great as the guides. We were taken care of very very well. Looking back now, choosing Jimmie Jack was the right choice and would/will return!

Room Tip: Communicate what you are wanting/hoping for because they have several different options available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CJ4UNME
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

On July 22 ,2012 me ( Lewy) and my future son-in-law (Chris) fished with Catdaddy and limited out in 2 hours My family and I came to Anchorage for a wedding and we tried to book a fishing trip with no success. we arrived in Alaska on the 19th@ 1:30 am and meet my new brother in-law later that day, told him I wanted to go fishing,and the next day he called me and told me to call JIMMIE JACK'S. They fit us in on sunday with Catdaddy@7:00am.Catdaddy is truly a professional and a nice guy.12 sockeye in 2 hours, then clean the fish,and Catdaddy still had time to make it to church that sunday. We left Alaska @ midnight that night. We had a GREAT time. Thanks to Catdaddy and the rest of the staff @ JIMMIE JACK FISHING. see you on my next trip to Alaska

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

For One-Week-Package we enjoy the welcoming atmosphere, decent accommodation, perfect equipment and motivated guiding at Jimmie Jack.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
#6 of 18 in Kenai
Diamond M Ranch Resort
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge? Share your experiences!