“A great place to dine!”
Review of The Flats Bistro

The Flats Bistro
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Kenai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Flats Bistro is owned and operated by local born-and-raised Alaskan couple Luke and Naomi Thibodeau. The menu was designed by two Le Cordon Bleu graduates and features fresh, local ingredients, made in house whenever possible. The Flats takes reservations and also saved half of the tables for walk-ins every night.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Enjoyed appetizers at the bar. Superb selection of beers and wines. Had excellent artichoke dip- one of the best ever tasted. Oysters served with an outstanding house made sauce. Can't wait to have the full dining experience.

2  Thank 738Rick

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I went for the first time to The Flats Bistro. The service was very good and the food was good but nothing special. The Flats Bistro is a very nice looking place with friendly staff. Menu is not large but it has something for everyone. The Mac & Cheese was great a appetizer which we both split. Our main course was ok but could have been better and I think it will in time. The Flats Bistro has a small desert menu that is made in house and very good. We look forward to return

1  Thank alaskareed
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you like greasy, chewy, bad cooked food out of a can and frozen then THE FLATS is not for you! The food was all so fresh it was like they harvest it that day for the meals! The service was fantastic! The owners take a special interest in making sure the customers are satisfied. The staff was very knowledgeable and the chefs were amazing! Finally there is a fine dining experience on the Kenai so I don't have to drive to Homer or Anchorage to get a great meal!

1  Thank Iamharrythehat
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The food was good but the waitress was completely disorganized. The orders were messed up as were the checks. We were given a desert menu then handed our checks with no opportunity to order desert. Probably won't be coming back.

1  Thank Chihuahuaj
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our group of 4 ordered 3 things different from each other, shared 2 appetizers and 2 desserts. My mouth was super happy with everything. We tried each others entrees and honestly I couldn't decide if any were better than the others. So varied but so flavorful. I had the chicken-moist, baked to perfection (though a few more mashed potatoes would have been divine to mop up the sauce.) My husband had the 12oz NY steak cooked to perfection and mouth watering delicious (I'll be ordering this next time). My mom had the fish n chips which is a common dish in this area, but the batter was very different but yummier than any I've had. Appetizers. smoked Mac n cheese and artichoke dip with homemade baguettes. I would eat these 2 things as meal. Best you will eat anywhere. Desserts: the eclairs and the peanut butter brownie sundae. Big enough to split and a rich, delicious way to end the meal. The ONLY small complaint was the music could be a little less volume. The restaurant is acoustically challenging anyway, with so many conversations and typical noise echoing, but then to have the music louder did not go well for conversations at the table. We have 2 hard of hearing older gents in the party, us having to yell to talk was distracting and frustrating. The music selection was good- just too loud for conversing. Reservations are a must. The view is awesome.

1  Thank AK907nomad

Been to The Flats Bistro? Share your experiences!