“Sockeye adventure”

ACE Fishing Adventures
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Kenai
More attraction details
Owner description: ACE Fishing Adventures is proud to be your trusted Kenai and Kasilof River guides since 2004. We offer fishing charters for the famed Kenai River King Salmon, Silver Salmon, and Rainbow Trout not to mention many of the other great local and regional attractions from fly out fishing trips, Halibut, even scenic wildlife viewing trips. Open year round with the peak of our season running from May 15th through October on the Kenai and out of Homer Alaska fishing for Salmon 365 days a year. We have incredible river front lodging with private bank access and dock side pick up each morning while heading out on the river.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was concerned because the trip was booked for myself, my son and my grandson and neither of the latter two had much experience. In addition, the daily limit had been reduced because the run wasn't living up to expectations. However,Aaron found us a patch of sockeye and we managed to bring home a cooler full without going through the challenge of "flossing" and snagging. I hope to return for late-season coho sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We thought we had hired Aaron Cooper to lead our fishing trip via pre-pay and email 8-10 weeks ahead of our trip. Then low and behold he was not available -- rather he acted like a broker and had someone else outside his company lead our trip. Things kind of got even more interesting after that. We paid over $300 to fish on a boat, but were dropped off on the side of the river to fish and never fished from the boat (we could have done this on our own for free). To add insult to injury, we were asked to come an hour earlier than planned (5 a.m. vs. 6 a.m.), primarily because his outsourced guide was double-booked for another trip at 11:30 a.m. All in all, we would not recommend using ACE for your fishing trip! Instead the best bet is to purchase fishing tackle at the Sportsman Warehouse (several locations in Alaska) and fish arm-in-arm with the locals along the Kenai River. You will have a blast and save several hundred dollars!

8  Thank World_Hiker_Dallas
Aaron C, Owner at ACE Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Guys,
I certainly appreciate your review, but would like to clarify a few things. To start never once was it said that you would be in my boat, that date my boat was book over a year ago. I always mentioned that "WE" ACE Fishing Adventures would be able to take you out, never once did I mention that it would be me. I also stated that the difference between the two species you inquired about (King Salmon, and Sockeye Salmon) required two totally different techniques and never mentioned that we would be fishing out of a boat, rather using a boat to either fish for King's or travel to the sockeye destination, you chose to fish for sockeye. We took you the very best spot on the river at that time, unfortunately the fish had not been cooperating and have been late this year, however the other person in your group found his limit right next to you guys quite quickly. Fishing changes from day to day, while we try and stay on a schedule it often requires some last minute changes to ensure that you have the best opportunity to catch a fish on any given day. The last minute time change was to help aid in your chances at catching fish, luckily the gentlemen that accompanied you on the trip was gracious enough to wait for you guys to arrive that morning. I have never lead a potential client astray or fed them with false hope, I simply state the facts of what we foresee in the year to come and what our best opportunities may be. Historically for as long as I have been around and on record the river should have been full of sockeye on that date, this year it was not but that is out of my control. You booked a half day charter on the Kenai, it is a 5 1/2 charter as stated on the web site and in our emails. We never overbooked you like an airline often does, the fleet is allowed to book two half day charters each day and everyone generally does so to accommodate people wanting to go fishing. I certainly appreciate you review and we will take this into consideration in the future to better the company.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Aaron Cooper of ACE Fishing Adventures is hands down the best guide on the Kenai. We have fished with him 10 years straight.. Every year we come home saying "that is the best vacation ever.." Aaron expertise in knowing right where 'the fish are' will turn your trip into a dream come true. Will and Bev Draughon

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We caught so many huge rainbows fishing with Aaron! We had a blast! An eagle sitting overhead kept swooping down to take our fish; such an awesome sight! Aaron even snagged one of the "hard to get" sock-eyes for our dinner. Would highly recommend Ace Fishing.

1  Thank cd_tx_150
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Anyone considering a trip to the Kenai has to consider using Ace Fishing Adventures and Captain Aaron Cooper for trips of a lifetime. I've been fishing with Ace for nearly a decade now and I have no doubt that Ace is the BEST guide service on that amazing river. Every trip has proven to be fantastic. Even on the years when no other guides were putting fish in the boat, Ace filled our tags EVERY year. Not only is the fishing fantastic with ACE and Captain Aaron, but honestly, he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. My wife and I consider him to be a good man and a good friend. After years of fishing with Ace, as well as other guide services on the Kenai, I will tell you that Ace has far surpassed any other guide service in knowledge, skills, and service. All that and a great guy too. I could not recommend anyone else on the Kenai in good faith. Thanks Coop! We look forward to many years of future adventures with Ace Fishing Adventures.

1  Thank WillDraughon