“A GREAT TIME!!!!”
Review of Tower Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Tower Rock Lodge
Ranked #2 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Kenai
Huntsville, Texas, United States
“A GREAT TIME!!!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had a quick business trip and wanted to at least say I went fishing while I was in Alaska. Saw review of Tower Rock and friends said that Kenai was the place to go so I booked 2 nights and fishing with Mike. I cannot express how great Mike and the entire crew was to make my trip successful. The weather was tough and the water was high, but they knew where to go!

This is a great place from the meals, the rooms, the guides and fishing you cannot go wrong! We even took an excursion to some friend that won the Iditarod to learn about sled dogs. Mike and his crew do all they can to make you feel like family and as welcome as a longtime friend. As you can imagine, I recommend this place more than I can say. Thanks Roger

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Tower Rock Lodge created an Alaska fishing adventure of a lifetime for myself, my two sons and my grandson. The Management is outstanding. The staff is professional, competent, accommodating, and most gracious. The accommodations, and meals are extraordinary. Every detail of our stay was carefully planned and provided to us by the experienced and well trained personnel. Upgraded quality equipment, and other fishing necessaries are provided by the host.

The itinerary composed by Tower Rock Lodge was constant and exceptional . . . our fishing sites included river wading, river drifting, and a fly-in for spectacular Silver Salmon. The guides are "first class", and intuitive on angler's abilities, making each event very special for all.

The end-of-day dinners are absolutely remarkable . . . we enjoyed fellowship and shared the days experiences, while sitting outside at firepit, with an after-dinner drink. The perfect end to a perfect day.

Tower Rock Lodge, a great facility, and a great staff, resulted in a most fantastic and memorable experience for everyone. Best of all, we plan to be back next year. Thank you Tower Rock Lodge! Jim K

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2013

my family and i spent a week at tower rock lodge. the cabin was first class. the food (and food presentation) was 5 star. mike, the owner, is a great and humorous personality. the guides know their business. had us fishing in the most gorgeous scenery, catching more fish than we could count.
this will be a yearly trip for us!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Tower Rock Lodge is a venue I will remember forever. The Touhy bros. know how to do it right. A couple friends and I stayed for a week, and every day was filled with fishing glory and every night was filled with great food and quality beverages and cigars. The guides were very knowledgeable and all great guys. This trip was my first to Alaska, but it won't be my last. I give this lodge my highest recommendation. If you are looking for a hell of a good time and great experience in Alaska, book a week at the Tower Rock Lodge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Six days at Tower Rock Lodge - fishing at it's best! Big fish and lots of them. We focused on fly fishing for trout, yet our stay included a fly out to Wolverine Creek where silver salmon swarmed. Each of the guides brought different expertise and technique, which enhanced our daily adventures to the different fishing locales. Fly fishing for Rainbow Trout and Dolly Varden was world class. Accommodations and meals were great. Mike and his staff went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of - very gracious hosts. If you want big fish, great scenery, and a lot of fun, visit Tower Rock Lodge in Alaska.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I came home from my Tower Rock Lodge fishing trip as excited and happy as the day I left for Alaska...a sign of a great trip. Fly fishing in Alaska had been on my bucket list for years and I recently found time in my schedule. I did some fast research on TripAdvisor and Orvis and narrowed my search to Tower Rock based solely on the strength of the reviews. Initially I was told it was fully booked (no surprise since I gave them only a weeks notice); however, within 24 hours the folks at the lodge made a spot for me (thanks Mike). I’m grateful they did because the trip was truly outstanding.

The Fishing. Where else can you catch ocean-size fish on a fly rod surrounded by pristine scenery, bald eagles, brown bear (at a safe distance), and moose? I was in a constant state of awe. Consider doing at least one fly-in/fly-out with the float plane, as that was an amazing experience by itself. Kenai Canyon is also an absolute must. The guides make sure you have everything you need and are some of the most skilled anglers I have met.

The Lodge. The grounds are beautiful and the cabins are comfortable but rustic. I don’t mean this in a negative way – I slept amazingly well and I thought the cabins were great, but they did lack some modern conveniences.
The Food. Wow...this was one area that was a pleasant surprise. Three times a day we were treated with meals that rival some of the dishes served at some Four Seasons property (not intended to be a knock on Four Seasons but a compliment to the Tower Rock Chef). This was especially notable given that some of the lunches were prepared stream side.

The People: This was a solo trip for me but the owners, the staff, and other guests (many return visitors) made me feel welcome and at home the entire time I was there.

I am fortunate to live close to several gold medal waters in Colorado, but Alaska and Tower Rock Lodge stand apart. There is no question I’ll be back – the question is when. I sure would like to try the Steelhead fishing in September. Thanks to all the staff at lodge for making my trip possible and memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank blitz3857
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I really wondered if this place could possibly be as good as all the reviews. It certainly is!!! Mike Touhy literally meets you at the door on your arrival and sits down to hear what you want to do; he's always available to hear how things are going and change your fishing if you'd like -- and helps bus tables if he's walking by. But Mike also has a terrific staff that makes it a point to get to know the preferences of each guest. Alexis, Rachel, Jessica all make sure that Tom's delicious food is served up graciously. Our guides -- Dan and D$ mostly -- put us on good sized fish each day, even tho the river wasn't putting out a lot -- and in talking to guests & guides from other lodges, they all reported slim fishing. The fly-out was exceptional and breathtaking -- Bubba repeatedly chased away a mama bear and her cub that very much wanted to join us for lunch -- and flying over glaciers in the seaplane was awesome. The family style dining acquainted us with folks that were a delight to meet and share stories with. We chose Tower Rock because they truly provide everything you need for fishing -- coming from Florida we don't have the equipment to fish Alaska -- including the much needed rain gear and also because of the fly-out and fish processing they'll arrange. It's an excellent value. We're already planning our next Alaska fishing trip and TRL will be a part of that return trip. Also, I was surprised and happy to find that most of the folks there were in couples. I was afraid I might be the only fisher-women but this is the sort of place where women, whether they fish or not, love to go if they like the outdoors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuck78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai River Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 17 in Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Tower Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!